Vray 3.3 - CUDA not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by padre.ayuso View Post
    Thanks Yavor. Yes please, lets arrange the remote session. Please have them write to me and I'll set it up on the internet and whatever data they need. You have my email address so write to me there. I need to set up the computer on the internet as it is off line.
    After discussing this problem with our RT GPU developers team, the only solution for this issue is to deactivate the "In Process" option. I will try to explain what exactly the problem is and why the suggested workaround actually works.
    For some reason 3DS Max is not able to see or identify the graphic card installed on the machine which automatically makes all internal processes to get the same behavior. This also applies to our RT GPU engine. Since we can't fix that at our side our advice is to untick "In-Process RT Engine".

What does "In-Process RT Engine" mean and why unchecking it in VRay allows me to use the cards?
    RT will run as a separate process (not as part of the 3DS Max one) and this could be used actually to workaround the problems caused by this Autodesk limitation.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
      After discussing this problem with our RT GPU developers team, the only solution for this issue is to deactivate the "In Process" option. I will try to explain what exactly the problem is and why the suggested workaround actually works.
      For some reason 3DS Max is not able to see or identify the graphic card installed on the machine which automatically makes all internal processes to get the same behavior. This also applies to our RT GPU engine. Since we can't fix that at our side our advice is to untick "In-Process RT Engine".

RT will run as a separate process (not as part of the 3DS Max one) and this could be used actually to workaround the problems caused by this Autodesk limitation.
      Got it. Any ideas as to why this is? What's causing this conflict?

Comment

Got it. Any ideas as to why this is? What's causing this conflict?
        Actually don't have an idea why this happens, but if we manage to find some information will update this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
          Actually don't have an idea why this happens, but if we manage to find some information will update this thread.
          Great, thanks. Just as an update, I'm buying a total of 4 stations, this one being the first one. The second one is being put together right now. So I have asked them to try to disable the on-board VGA connection and see if that handles it. I have a feeling that 3DS Max is being sent to the on-board VGA driver/connection rather than fully using the Titan X which may be causing this problem. Will update on anything that comes up that may help other people with this issue.

Comment

Great, thanks. Just as an update, I'm buying a total of 4 stations, this one being the first one. The second one is being put together right now. So I have asked them to try to disable the on-board VGA connection and see if that handles it. I have a feeling that 3DS Max is being sent to the on-board VGA driver/connection rather than fully using the Titan X which may be causing this problem. Will update on anything that comes up that may help other people with this issue.
            Would be good to know if this helps. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X