X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many thanks for the pointer!

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• This worked for me!

Thanks

Steve ~

[UPDATE]

Actually, since we are on a sort of similar topic, may I ask if anyone has this problem with Windows 10?
      - Any file or folder you try to delete will not because it is apparently in use by another process

This is unbearably annoying when doing texture work. I paint textures in Photoshop that are linked to 3ds max/VRay. I try to save them but it can because its in use. Or I will try to rename a file and it cant. Its so annoying. Windows 7 never used to do this to me. Windows 10 feels like it cant let go of a file once you have opened and closed it.

Yeah, just wondering is anyone else has that problem and if they know how to fix it.
      Last edited by stevejjd; 28-11-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Some users have reported that setting the environment variable QT_OPENGL to "angle" (without the quotes) helps - see attachment. Note that this will affect all applications based on Qt 5 causing them to use DirectX instead of OpenGL for their UI.
        Great Vlado, this worked for me too!

Thanks

Alex

Comment

• Great! QT_OPENGL to "angle" works on each of our machine!
          Many thanks!
          www.luminancestudio.pl

Comment

• Originally posted by stevejjd View Post
            Yeah, just wondering is anyone else has that problem and if they know how to fix it.
            There should be an option to turn off search indexing for these folders somewhere in the Windows settings; while the Windows search engine crawls the folders it locks the files...

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

• Hi guys,

I did the
              QT_OPENGL to "angle"
              , but I run on Photoshop problems and its plugins. Can you please tell me how to return it to default? Thanks.

Best regards,
              Nikola
              1000 Skopje, Macedonia
              contact@narsov.com
              Mob. +389 71 382699
              www.narsov.com

Comment

• Originally posted by narsov View Post
                I did the , but I run on Photoshop problems and its plugins. Can you please tell me how to return it to default? Thanks.
                Just delete the variable from the same place that you created it and reboot the machine.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

• Just delete the variable from the same place that you created it and reboot the machine.
                  I tried everything, delete the variable, uninstall/reinstall Photoshop and plugins, nothing helps. I couldn't go to Photoshop performance tab, it was giving me error An integer between 96 and 8 is required, Performance Preferences. So, I end up reinstalling Windows with keeping files and apps and is back to normal.
                  Be careful with changing the variables!

Regards,
                  Nikola
                  1000 Skopje, Macedonia
                  contact@narsov.com
                  Mob. +389 71 382699
                  www.narsov.com

Comment

• I tried setting QT_OPENGL variable as suggested but vfb (and everything) still hangs during rendering process.
                    It's quite impossible even to open a folder, and max (sometimes) become "white" and stop everything on my WS for minutes.

Don't know if is connected but rendernodes seems to take minutes to show buckets on main render after the log wrote "rendering from... bla bla"... all the process seems very long compared to the complexity of the scene.

My configuration:
                    Intel i7 6900k,
                    3DSmax 2017 (updated)
                    Vray 3.60.04
                    Forest 5.40+ Railclone 3.09

any suggest ?
                    Thanks

Workstation Core i7 6900 - 32GB RAM - GeF970
                    Dual Xeon E5-2630 - 32GB RAM

Comment

• Very odd, i had the issue with 2018.4, and as i changed the variable, it went away, to come back right as i deleted it.
                      It also helped quite a bit to set low-priority in the render settings, although to be able to render with that off i needed the environment variable (and a reboot, to be sure, even though a relog should suffice.)
                      Lele
                      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                      ----------------------
                      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• low-priority is on. I just tried the other trick posted from vlado, but i need to reboot ... i will do after this job rendering is finished... see what happens.
                        M.

Comment

• OK!
                          Turning off the new Control Flow Guard option in Windows Defender, as Vlado suggested .. work for me. Thanks.

Comment

• Is there any other solution for those that the QT->angle, Control Flow Guard and low thread priority don't do jack on the problem?
                            Win7, Win8.1, Max 2018.4, Vray 3.6

Thanks...
                            Greg

Comment

• You can use the environment variable VRAY_NUM_THREADS to specify one thread less than the number of cores in the system for rendering.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
                                You can use the environment variable VRAY_NUM_THREADS to specify one thread less than the number of cores in the system for rendering.

Best regards,
                                Vlado
                                Cores or threads?
                                I have 16threads/8cores.
                                Is it gonna be 15 or 7 for the total number?

Thanks....

Comment

Working...
                                X