IPR Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPR Crashes

I have been crashing a lot and when I fill out the AD report, it usually has the name IPR in it. Hiding things - crash, turning things on - crash, drop HDRi in environment slot - crash. This only happens when I am in progressive mode. Anybody else?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

I have had nothing but issues with IPR for months - Multi Texture tweaks crash / forest tweaks crash. Sort of gave up using it with large scene of fear of crashing.

Comment

Might be a FP thing, it seems to me the common denominator on my projects.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by leehumphries View Post
        I have had nothing but issues with IPR for months - Multi Texture tweaks crash / forest tweaks crash. Sort of gave up using it with large scene of fear of crashing.
        I would be very grateful if you can give us more details on how to reproduce the issues.

Best regrds,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I just started a new project. I selected my siding and hit Hide Unselected and crash! Simple stuff with no extras.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...1-4a000504b852
          Last edited by glorybound; 07-08-2019, 07:45 AM.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

vlado regarding the crashes its always when IPR is running.
            Using floor generator if you amend a material or delete a map i get crashes,so i always have to stop IPR and then do the changes.
            Using Forest Pro i can't fully remember when it crashes, although it is mainly when editing a setting like changing the distribution map or tweaking a setting. Again if i stop IPR from running its fine.

I just ended up having to keep remembering to stop IPR

Comment

Thanks for the pointers; will check these cases.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                I just started a new project. I selected my siding and hit Hide Unselected and crash! Simple stuff with now extras.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...1-4a000504b852
                There is something messy happening with the Rail Clone objects. I will reach out to the guys at Itoo.
                If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by leehumphries View Post
                  vlado regarding the crashes its always when IPR is running.
                  Using floor generator if you amend a material or delete a map i get crashes,so i always have to stop IPR and then do the changes.
                  Using Forest Pro i can't fully remember when it crashes, although it is mainly when editing a setting like changing the distribution map or tweaking a setting. Again if i stop IPR from running its fine.

I just ended up having to keep remembering to stop IPR
                  Can you send me a scene for this? The only thing I found in my tests was a MultiTexture crash that doesn't have anything to do with IPR.

Peter Matanov
                  Chaos

Comment

Its not just one scene. I have just been using IPR with forest and i had a firest object turned off in layers, with IPR running i turned the layer on with another forest object and it crashed. It just doesnt happen all the time.

Comment

I'm having a lot of IPR crashing as well. Not just when using FP. Usually logging it with IPR and Vray in the AD reports.
                      Last edited by markus_s_cg; 15-01-2018, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I had a crash just now, while running IPR in RT, changing a VRayMTL into a Multi-sub-object.
                        Jez

------------------------------------
                        3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                        Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                        ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Using forest and running IPR - changing the density of distribution crashes IPR

Comment

Please send dump files from those crashes including info about Max and V-Ray versions at my email. You can find them in your user temp directory (%temp) - 3dsmax_minidump.dmp or/and VRay.dmp.

Peter Matanov
                            Chaos

Comment

Also have consistent crashes with IPR. Currently crashing with a brand new file, low geometry count. Will crash any time I try to adjust VrayDisplacement settings.
                              dav

Comment

Working...
                              X