Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPU Render V-RayNext ignores all maps to the 3ds Max standard material.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the support, problem solved with the mentioned version!
    Kind regards,
    Zsombor

www.brickvisual.com

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
      The last one is 4.02.04.00004. Please download the installation again from our website.
      Please notify the user.
      This is relatively important information.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
      oakcorp.net
      v-ray.jp

Comment

Vray Next still has issues with Standard Materials- many of the maps still do not show up properly (like Bump, Reflection).
        There is a weird workaround: if you house a standard material inside a standard shader that Vray claims is incompatible, like the Blend material, then Vray will render the material properly. So clearly they're still compatible with Vray's architecture, just not easily accessible anymore.

Vray! please don't end support for standard materials! they are still the only way to achieve certain affects, and our company has whole libraries we depend on. See the image attached, where we combine bump, falloff and non-energy preservation in a standard material to create an explosion. Only the Standard material (housed in a blend material) can achieve this affect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VrayMaterialIssue.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	331.2 KB
ID:	1010872

Comment

Ok I get the part with the old libraries but can you send me the scene with example above?
          Last edited by matanov; 20-09-2018, 06:57 AM.
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Yes thank you! Here's a link to the file:
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc5puwrvwb...rials.max?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by estefez View Post
              Yes thank you! Here's a link to the file:
              https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc5puwrvwb...rials.max?dl=0
              Please check this - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nAv...ew?usp=sharing

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

vray scene converter

Comment

Thanks!
                  Slizer I'm afraid your file seems to be unchanged from my original.
                  Also Vray Scene Converter merely creates a Vray material with the maps where it thinks they should go (which I'd done manually). It doesn't change how Vray materials process falloff and bump.

Comment

Originally posted by estefez View Post
                    Thanks!
                    Slizer I'm afraid your file seems to be unchanged from my original.
                    Are you sure? I've just downloaded the scene from the link and looks like the right one. There are two "explosion" objects in the scene and the left one is with VRayBumpMtl.

Peter Matanov
                    Chaos

Comment

sorry for the month's long delay (out of the country)- I wanted to credit Slizer for solving the specific falloff issue I was having: a Vray Material housed in a VrayBumpMtl does force bump maps to affect falloff/
                      Unfortunately when opacity's involved, the bump material adds a new issue: the material's backside renders black. The solution is to put the material in a Vray2sidedMtl, with a blank material as the back, but I'm sure you can see how annoying it is to go through all these steps and nested materials, just to accomplish such a simple thing with the Standard Material.
                      Also there are other Standard Material effects (like filter color, flat mirror, easy reflection mapping) that make it much more efficient to use in our non-architectural line of work... so I still hope Vray will bring back Standard Material functionality!

Comment

Working...
                      X