X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New feature ideas 3

... continuing from thread 2:

I would once again like to hear your ideas and wishes for new features in this thread. Think about what do you need and is missing in your workflow now. What is slowing you down and would help you vizualize your ideas even better.

Please give detailed info - what's the feature you want; how it's going to fit in your workflow; what are you doing now to workaround its absence?

One more request - please use the "like" system if you see somebody else already described the feature you want. More likes = more weight on the respective entry. If you have more than one proposal - use separate replies.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Add a color selector to the Background layer in the vfb.
    I have to use solid colored PNG's if I want to see something I render on a shadow catcher on its dedicated BG color.
    Which for me is a common thing to do.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

An improved color picker ala Corona's. I currently install the corona demo just for this feature.
      James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
      Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

'Render masks only' option ala corona.

Currently I use some scripts to render custom masks after the beauty has been rendered.
        James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
        Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

multi region render option ala corona. (for progressive and bucket + consistent brightness output when rendering regions-light cache recalculation for whole frame)
          Last edited by Dart_Design; 18-10-2022, 10:20 AM.

Comment

front/back map node, for example to use with new translucency model.
            Last edited by Dart_Design; 18-10-2022, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Parallax Occlusions built into Vray Material

Very useful when true displacement is not necessary. There is an osl available but I don't find it intuitive or very fast. Also not supported with vray gpu I believe.

see fstorms implementation

Comment

Gradient or Custom Brush masks in the VFB. Similar to painting masks in photoshop. Or maybe custom shape masks with feathering options like in after effects.

Comment

Negative Displacement support in Vray Decal

Comment

animated trees and objects in cosmos
                    Animated Water and other materials in cosmos
                    Animated Fog hopefully a similar system to the new Clouds system. Don't need the accuracy of true Vray environmental fog. I will settle for animated opacity maps on a plane in cosmos

Comment

DIRECTIONALITY for vrayLightMtl + no more limitation of using vray lightMtl with multisubMaterial
                      Last edited by Dart_Design; 18-10-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Hi team.

I absolutely love the new Clouds on Vray Sky. Great work everyone.

I recently worked on a project that demanded some views from up the sky and we had to render a lot of phoenix clouds to see the clouds from above. They didn´t look that great, took hours to simulate and i was wondering if there´s a possibility to add an option to see those clouds from above.

I wasn t working on a airpline render job, but lot´s of people could benefit from it since it was an archviz/character animation. What you all think???

Tks!​

Comment

I know its been suggested here before but Public Roadmap would be great for Vray and Vantage.

I feel like every other company has this and its exciting to see the upcoming features. Unreal engine, twinmotion, corona, and even Autodesk has this in some capacity.

Comment

Please add the ability to easily create random clumps with V-RayFur.
                            Also, integrate Fur grooming tools.

Reference: FStormFUR looks more natural.
                            https://fstormrender.com/manual/fstormfur/
                            Last edited by flat; 18-10-2022, 11:48 PM.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                            oakcorp.net
                            v-ray.jp

Comment

Copy and paste VFB adjustments from one 'layer tree preset' to another.
                              e: info@adriandenne.com
                              w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Working...
                              X