Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a heavy VRay user and I hate that there is no reliable converter for Corona -> VRay. The existing one sucks a lot. It does not convert correctly Legacy materials, it does not convert Corona Bitmap. Guys, come on. You purchased Corona. Please, make fully 100% operational Corona -> VRay converter. And maybe vice-versa? It is needed not only for usual rendering, but for vantage, Cloud and etc.
    Thank you.
    Available for remote work.
    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post
      I am a heavy VRay user and I hate that there is no reliable converter for Corona -> VRay. The existing one sucks a lot. It does not convert correctly Legacy materials, it does not convert Corona Bitmap. Guys, come on. You purchased Corona. Please, make fully 100% operational Corona -> VRay converter. And maybe vice-versa? It is needed not only for usual rendering, but for vantage, Cloud and etc.
      Thank you.
      oleg.budeanu
      Please, tell this to LELE here : https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...orona-to-vray/

Comment

Originally posted by Dart_Design View Post
        By reading that topic I see that nobody cares about that. I will just buy Maxtools if Chaos is not capable creating that script. Reminds me of Autodesk and Maya <-> 3dsmax juggling lol.
        Available for remote work.
        My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Vray camera (include /exclude) list like in Corona.
          It's great feature for simple batch rendering workflow.
          -------------------------------------------------------------
          Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
          Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

"+" button near exclude/include list with function to quickly add selected objects AND same time PICK function if nothing is selected. Even today we need to create selection sets or search for objects manually, which is very annoying.
            Last edited by Dart_Design; 20-10-2022, 12:26 AM.

Comment

-Attenuation or falloff control for the vray lights - artistic (not real) way to control the light intensity - I often need it less affecting the areas close to the source alongside with more pronounced effect of the light in further distance.
              -not new idea and I know it is on the to do list - BERCON TILES RANDOMISATION CONTROL FOR GPU - or vray native tile texture with bercon features (all kinds brick bonds, planks and parquet patterns with gap/length randomisation and with texture offsets/rotation randomisation - each tile can generate some kind of random index that could be connected with vray uvw randomiser)
              -not new idea and I know it is on the to do list - GPU compile time improvement
              -as mentioned couple times here - corona color picker

Comment

-easy task (I hope ): add a map channel to the VraySoftBox texture.

Comment

Decals to have more options for its shape ( like cylindrical/spherical or even to use current surface UV )
                  Maverick Render seems to have that solved here :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtuD...MaverickRender

Comment

Decals to have checkboxes to affect ( diffuse/reflection /glossiness/bump ..etc ) ,so we can preserve some of the underneath surface property .

Comment

Option to output enmesh to real mesh (vrmesh) to preserve rendering on multiple platforms.
                      (Even better if it is instantiated in vrmesh)
                      ​

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                      oakcorp.net
                      v-ray.jp

Comment

re-organize vray lights : Dome light as separate object, IES as option for any light type. Right now the actions for situations when we create IES light and then decide to change its type to something like rectangular is a bit overcomplicated.

Comment

In the VFB allow for selecting or adding folders to load in the VFB. Right now only the history folder is being read.

As the VFB is being used more and more as a first postproduction tool, it is quite cumbersome if you have a project with many images to load them one by one in the VFB. Also you need to save them out in your history if you want to compare etc...

It would be nice, to be able to select one or more (recent folders) folders to be read and displayed in the 'history panel'. I would suggest using this panel more as a explorer panel for VRIMGs, witht the ability to switch to the recent images (history) panel as well ofcourse.
                          A.

---------------------
                          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Chaos Scatter on mesh vertices mode please , and points of spline mode ,for some regular form scattering. 3ds max built-in scatter can do this , but it is not good to use .

Comment

So when in the VFB, using the A/B view slider, currently any layer changes in the VFB, naturally affects both the selected A and B image. I wonder if a way to only have the changes affect a specific image (A or B) would be good, that way you can tweak your layers to match a different image etc.
                              e: info@adriandenne.com
                              w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Originally posted by francomanko View Post
                                So when in the VFB, using the A/B view slider, currently any layer changes in the VFB, naturally affects both the selected A and B image. I wonder if a way to only have the changes affect a specific image (A or B) would be good, that way you can tweak your layers to match a different image etc.
                                Yeah I always thought this was strange, it should indeed load both corrections.
                                A.

---------------------
                                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                                X