This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post

Along a similar line it would be great if saving of any VFB corrections into the output file could be disabled in the render settings dialog.
    Not sure what you mean - this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	exr_options.png
Views:	310
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1195552
    is already available and disabled by default and saved EXRs will not have the corrections baked.

Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

I might be missing something but that doesnt behave the same when saving directly from the vfb does it?
      e: info@adriandenne.com
      w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post

Not sure what you mean - this:

Name:	exr_options.png
Views:	310
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1195552
        is already available and disabled by default and saved EXRs will not have the corrections baked.
        Yes, if you are saving VRIMG or multichannel EXR that works nicely... I wish we had it in the Separate Channels EXR output setting as well. Would also be nice if it worked for other formats too (like saved via the standard Max Output.

So it would be better if this setting were in the Render Settings dialog, rather than hidden in the Save As dialog, and was honored for all file formats.

Comment

Use the ZDepth channel to reset the focus point after rendering.
          A 3Ds MAX plugin called VFB+ had this feature, but it has stopped being updated for years and it only support MAX 2018.

Maybe this focus isn't physically accurate, but most people don't care. Many people use ZDepth to blur their renders in Photoshop.

Name:	zd.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	1195781

Name:	ps lens blur.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	1195782
          Software: 3DsMax 2021.3 / 2024.2 | VRay 6 GPU + Chaos Vantage
          Hardware: i9-13900k | RTX 4090
          e-mail: imhill820@gmail.com

Comment

I would like to get the possibility to exclude maps/textures/bitmaps from whitebalance, I think corona has such a feature and I found it... its the Corona Tonemap Control Map

thanks for your effort.
            Last edited by themaxxer; 28-11-2023, 08:15 AM. Reason: added the link to corona tonemap control map
            Pixelschmiede GmbH
            www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Vignette and Film Grain and possibly lens distortion directly in the VFB under the Lens Effects Tab
              Check out my FREE V-Ray Tutorials

Comment

ForestPack to ChaosScatter converter ?

Comment

The ability when in A/B mode in the VFB, to make adjustments to the layers of either A or B.

Comment

Mapping types for 360° images in the bitmap loader.
                    Especially the vray style 6:1 cube map.

I usually comp and before the final tonemapping/contrast stuff.
                    I then export the Images, import them as scene background in Max and quickly render them to get a glarepass that incorperates my comping.
                    Have to do that because I use Fusion and there is no vray glare node.
                    I can't really use that workflow if i'm rendering 360° images.
                    Would have to manually put together a cubemap format that fusion understands and convert that to spherical to reuse it in max just to render a vray cubemap stripe again.

German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

the option in the dropdown, to rename the vrimg images in the vfb history folder, to whatever you have named in the vfb.

Comment

Add a rotate option to vraymultisubtex, so i dont have to connect the mapping source to lots of textures.

Comment

Color settings for Chaos Scatter - you know, random element colors, random object colors, ratio between element and objects and so on.
                          AMD TR 7980X, 256GB DDR5, GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, Win 10 Pro
                          ---------------------------
                          2D | 3D | web | video
                          jiri.matys@gmail.com
                          ---------------------------
                          https://gumroad.com/jirimatys
                          https://www.artstation.com/jiri_matys
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAv...Rq9X_wxwPX-0tg
                          https://www.instagram.com/jiri.matys_cgi/
                          https://www.behance.net/Jiri_Matys
                          https://cz.linkedin.com/in/jiří-matys-195a41a0

Comment

Originally posted by francomanko View Post
                            Add a rotate option to vraymultisubtex, so i dont have to connect the mapping source to lots of textures.
                            In the meantime you could use this Script that someone shared to me

vraybitmaps = for sel_node in (sme.getview(sme.activeview)).GetSelectedNodes() where classof (sel_node = sel_node.reference) == VRayBitmap collect sel_node
                            if vraybitmaps.count > 0 do
                            (
                            vraybitmaps.mapsource = vrayuvwrandomizer()
                            )​
                            Carlos Rodriguez
                            RTstudio
                            Tutorials

Comment

Improved gizmo/preview for enmesh.
                              - No idea if this is possible, but it would be nice to get a bounding-box/point cloud preview of how enmesh will look when rendered. Even if it's just a simple gizmo with a bounding box and normal arrow that represents the size/tiling.
                              - Another idea would be to have the bounding box on the object-to-scatter show the direction it will be placed on the mesh (like an arrow following the normal direction).
                              - Checkbox for 'use local coordinates' for objects-to-scatter.
                              - Make the name for 'objects' a more intuitive name eg. 'Objects to scatter' or 'scatter objects'. Objects can mean so many things when discussing a 3d scene.
                              Last edited by Pixelcon; 29-02-2024, 08:00 AM.
                              James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                              Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Originally posted by Dart_Design View Post
                                "+" button near exclude/include list with function to quickly add selected objects AND same time PICK function if nothing is selected. Even today we need to create selection sets or search for objects manually, which is very annoying.
                                +1 Really this option its very practical when you dont even know objects names and just want to add a couple of them
                                Carlos Rodriguez
                                RTstudio
                                Tutorials

Comment

Working...
                                X