Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a VRay simple PBR material

Hello!
    It would be cool if it just needs images dragged into texture slots , and a untility let it can be convert to standard VrayMtl .

I don't understand the request.
    The VrayMtl *is* PBR compliant.
    You want a unity shader converter?
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Sort of , yes , like 3dsmax has a build-in [ PBR Material ] , It's says "Implemented as a scripted wrapper to Physical Material." ,
      I mean , a V-Ray verison, one material holds all images , easy to build , no Normalmap or AO comp node , color space settings needed.

when you want to modify it , it shall be able to convert to VrayMtl , a converter will helpful.

Comment

Scripted plugins are evil, i surely won't write an encapsulation of the vraymtl to simplify what's already as simple as it gets.
        Conversion to the delegate is also manual, nowhere implicit, and rife with potential issues.

You're better off using the AD one, convert it to physical (they provide for the conversion to its delegate, right?), and then use the scene converter.
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I'm guessing you need something like this:

https://dmz.gumroad.com/l/XOPH#:~:te...20a%20material.

or this

https://help.poliigon.com/en/article...don-for-3dsmax
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
            Scripted plugins are evil, i surely won't write an encapsulation of the vraymtl to simplify what's already as simple as it gets.
            Conversion to the delegate is also manual, nowhere implicit, and rife with potential issues.

You're better off using the AD one, convert it to physical (they provide for the conversion to its delegate, right?), and then use the scene converter.
            Thank you for reply, I understand. Stay away from evil all time ...

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
              Thank you, these tools are handy, yes

Comment

Originally posted by will_will View Post
                Stay away from evil all time ...
                Not *all* the time, there are necessary evils, unfortunately.
                A scripted material plugin, however, is truly the wrong way about it, I feel.

The script would need to be loaded on any install that had to open the file, otherwise the plugin class wouldn't read, and *all* the data connected to the shader would be skipped.
                Given the relevant channels are all already inside the vrayMtl, the plugin would duplicate (some of) the original UI and UI names (diffuse, reflection), to no benefit whatsoever.
                Moreover, it'd have the user locked into the encapsulation, as there is no direct method that i know of able to extract the plugin into its costituent delegate shader (in other words, it won't automatically default to the original class if the plugin was not found.).

As pointed out, it's better to have a scripted loader that plugs the relevant maps into the correct vrayMtl channels, so no class-breaking shenanigans can happen.
                The linked, free addon from poliigon seems to do a decent job, going about it the right way.
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

That make sense, a script material brings so many problem , that 's unnecessary .
                  The poliigon's addon is good enough to use.
                  Thank you for detailed explaining!

Comment

[ sory, double post ]
                    Last edited by piotrus3333; 11-01-2023, 02:57 AM.
                    Marcin Piotrowski
                    youtube

Comment

VRayPluginNodeMtl if you realy realy need it:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	1169780
                      Attached Files
                      Marcin Piotrowski
                      youtube

Comment

That's for use in translation to standalone, though.
                        UI may or may not be pretty and/or functional.
                        Lele
                        ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

? Why not just use Max one. VRay will convert to VRayMtl under the hood in anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X