Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Lights

About Lights:
    1. The possibility to get visual feedback about texture orientation on lights. (like in Maya) is saves lots of time. for now, I am using chrome mat objects to have control over it. If texture making visible on lights is not possible so far, some other "up" indicator might appear. (if this then only appears, when having texture applied, it would give another visual information about a light´s properties. Also helpful for teamwork. *)
    2. Exist presumably since Vray was born: while creating a plane/disc light having "auto grid" ON, when completed, it always faces the surface upside down. The direction indicator is facing always against objects instead of facing into the most needed opposite. Always need to turn it 180 degrees around.
    3. Other indications of properties on the lights display class in the viewport itself:
      • "double-sided" = arrows on both sides,
      • including/excluding: little "link" icon somewhere (I find the word "exclude" not right. in the editor you can set both. So light linking might be a better designation (comes from AD , I know)
      • Intensity like corona offers.
      • all these extra display features might be global en- or disabled may be in the light lister
    4. Light lister: customizable columns of properties possible? And a bit wider column for light names maybe
    5. Rectangle/Disc Light: the "directional" parameter changing to degrees e.g. 0,00° -180,00°

Thank you for your contribution. I've checked these with our devs, and we will consider them.

Comment

Originally posted by caypiranha View Post
      About Lights:
      1. The possibility to get visual feedback about texture orientation on lights..
      In Maya plane, lights can be visible as textured Objects. This may be due to Max´s technology not possible, but maybe a little icon you can see, what up and right is for instance. This already might help vastly.

Comment

Hi, new improvements are integrated into the new V-Ray6 Update2.
        Plane light has the ability to show a linked texture in the viewport.
        You can define the direction of the Plane/Disc light by holding the Alt key while creating the light.
        Double-sided arrows are provided on both sides.
        Intensity rays are included in the viewport.
        There are customizable columns in the new Lister.
        More about the release here.​​

Comment

thank you very much for the update! Sounds really amazing - and my respect, is that you listen to customers' voices that much! =)

Comment

Working...
          X