Hilight Level Adjustment seperately/Reflection exclude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilight Level Adjustment seperately/Reflection exclude

At the moment Vray have hilight glossiness adjustment wich level is adjustable by reflection strenght. I think there is no need to adjust the glossiness level by reflection strenght. I would like to adjust the level seperatlely not by relfetion strenght. This feature would be great just like in maxs standard material speculars work

Another great thing would be reflection exclude. This option is needed in very many projects. So this would be great aslo

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    Erko Raaman

www.erkoraaman.com

You can have highlights, without having reflections with the VRayMtl...

Just open the <<Options>> rollout and uncheck - Trace Reflections

Thus only highlights will appear on your materials without having real reflection... of course this to work you need some reflections turned on,
    I mean a color different from (0,0,0).

Theoretically - the highlight is a reflection of the light source traced on the material... so having the highlights connected to reflection is reasonable.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Sure I can render the speculars as own pass. But it still would be great to have full controll for hilights. How do u change the specular strenght without changing the reflections strength? ;P
      Best Regards,
      Erko Raaman

www.erkoraaman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Felix2
        Sure I can render the speculars as own pass. But it still would be great to have full controll for hilights. How do u change the specular strenght without changing the reflections strength? ;P
        you cant. I kinda wish you could control specularity like you do in a standard mat as well. Im just so used to doing it that way.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

so you want to do something thats physically incorrect? why not just use a standard material then.

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
            so you want to do something thats physically incorrect? why not just use a standard material then.
            That was my point of view as well...
            As I already said, highlights are traced reflections of the light sources...
            If one wants a stronger highlight, that means either your material is reflecting stronger or the light source itself emits more light (multiplier).

and sure you can use the standard material as option.

Best regards,
            nikki Candelero
            .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
              because standard mats are slow and dont work 100% with gbuffer. Unless you know the exact reflectance, glossiness etc of an object your recreating with a vray mat, it aint going to be 100% physically correct either.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

The highlight glossies are already a fake so that is not a very good arguement. I would like to have this wish too, often it would be nice to have bright highlights with just a subtle true reflection.
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

i think that since the gbuffers don't support a lot of the standard materials we need to add more capability to the vray material to compensate.
                  breaking the highlight strength from the reflection color would be a good move.

V Miller

Comment

Unfortunately, this is not easy to do. In V-Ray the hilights and the reflections are very closely connected, especially when area lights are involved. They are tuned so that a reflection of a light, combined with its hilight, gives the full accurate result while making sure that light energy is preserved.

With the standard materials where the user can set the hilights to any value, it is very easy to get a physically impossible material. While this may seem an innocent thing to do, it can produce various artifacts during the rendering.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                    X