Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New general topic

Hi all, here my wish:
    A new general topic named: Compositing theory, or something else about the compositing.
    I my opinion it's an other chap than render theory and the rest of the topic, and It would be nice to have all the info in one topic.
    All about matte, comp tips etc...
    What do you think?
    =:-/
    Laurent

Agreed.............would be very useful!

Comment

Good idea, I'd like to start learning more about comp'ing.
      .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

I would look into these... Nuke IMHO, will be the future since Apple stopped supporting Shake.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/rne01.html
        http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/rne02.html

Comment

I don't mean a topic to learn Shake, Nuke, Flame, combustion or an other software, but all things that will be related to Vray and comp.
          Chris, everybody know that this is your job, well.
          there are many questions which are posted again and again about the same things related to comping, this would be just to put them all in one topic.
          Laurent

Comment

Great idea priad. It's a bit hard for us one man shops to get our heads wrapped around everything under a deadline.

Comment

I'm all up for writing a few bits on this since there's a lot of other people that I know that want to learn comping - I'll write a few bits on it to give everyone a broad base and then maybe some of the high end geezers like thorsten, chris and rob can add some pro level sparkle. I'm doing an all cg test car ad soon so I'd love their feedback and any post processing / comping tricks they've found made a difference over the years.

Comment

gr8 idea me thinks!
                Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                nuno@ene-digital.com
                00351 917593145

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell
                  I'm all up for writing a few bits on this since there's a lot of other people that I know that want to learn comping - I'll write a few bits on it to give everyone a broad base and then maybe some of the high end geezers like thorsten, chris and rob can add some pro level sparkle. I'm doing an all cg test car ad soon so I'd love their feedback and any post processing / comping tricks they've found made a difference over the years.
                  Excellent!

Comment

yeah really cool joconnell!!
                    Btw this doesn't exit my wish eheh
                    Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell
                      That would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by priad
                        I don't mean a topic to learn Shake, Nuke, Flame, combustion or an other software, but all things that will be related to Vray and comp.
                        there are many questions which are posted again and again about the same things related to comping, this would be just to put them all in one topic.
                        I hate to state the obvious but you sorta need to learn to comp before you comp for Vray. It would be like saying. I want to learn to drive a bus. First learn to drive in general, then learn the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                          Originally posted by priad
                          I hate to state the obvious but you sorta need to learn to comp before you comp for Vray. It would be like saying. I want to learn to drive a bus. First learn to drive in general, then learn the bus.
                          Chris, those dvd's look pretty application specific though, rather than 'comping in general'.

Comment

i double that!
                            the most helpfull thing i ve found about comping ever, was ur thread in here cpnichols...
                            a few other on a specific forum section would be very-very helpfull!!
                            Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                            nuno@ene-digital.com
                            00351 917593145

Comment

The theory of compositing works between any package either way, it's just that each package has a slightly different work flow, may name things differently or present information in a different way. You can achieve the same things regardless of package though, just more easily in some packages than others.

Comment

Working...
                              X