VrayToon as a separate pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayToon as a separate pass

I think VrayToon is a Great tool but it always mess with all the render elements (white lines in Zdepth, baked in RGB and every other elements)

It would be very very nice to have it renderable in a separate pass, without baking it (like a Dirt pass within a VrayExtraTex_map which is a GREAT addition !!!)

Not sure it fits the actual "environement" pipeline but it's whishlist so it's my wish

Also, optimize vraytoon with Adaptative subdivision (making the AA notice the lines as VrayToon creates them) to avoid empty undersampled zone in the middle of line. cuz now, only high subdiv at 0 solves the problem and it's so slow
    Philippe Steels
    Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

You can put a VRayEdgesTex texture on a VRayExtraTex and you have a toon pass in a separate channel.

Still, I second that VRayToon needs a fix for the problems you say.
    Last edited by Codi; 16-12-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codi View Post
      You can put a VRayEdgesTex texture on a VRayExtraTex and you have a toon pass in a separate channel.

Still, I second that VRayToon needs a fix for the problems you say.
      It works, but VrayEdgesTex is not the same thing as VrayToon, it render the visible edges where Toon generate edges (and object contours) based on viewpoint
      Philippe Steels
      Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

It's not a one step solution like adding it as a separate pass but you can easily get just the toon lines by applying a vraylightmtl as an override material (turn off GI and it'll render pretty fast).

P.S. Pixelab-I love the "how to be a good client" blurb on your site. I'll need to send that out with my contracts from now on .
        Last edited by dlparisi; 16-12-2009, 12:36 PM.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelab View Post
          It works, but VrayEdgesTex is not the same thing as VrayToon, it render the visible edges where Toon generate edges (and object contours) based on viewpoint
          True that, also VRayToon has more features than VRayEsgeTex.

Comment

Yes, I second that guys.
            Adding vraytoons as a render element would be a huge improvement for next vray releases.
            I currently use dlparisi method, and although it works ok, it is not as straightforward and flexible as rendering directly a toon element.

mekene

Comment

Working...
            X