No announcement yet.

Glow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look in the off topic area, Richard Roseman posted about his Photoshop plug-ins. These also work in After Effects and Combustion and one of the plug-ins will render this effect very nicely.
    I would rather do an effect like this in post because I can change the parameters without re-rendering........
    Cheers
    Mike k
    Two heads are better than one ...
    ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Re: Glow

Originally posted by winberg
      A feature that I would find helpful would be some kind of "real" glow or highlight flare off overly bright reflections like in real life...

-Tom
      there comes a point where some effects should be done in compositing or in photoshop for stills. In this case it seems that it would be much easier to have this effect in comp. You would have more control over it, and it would be much much much faster.

Comment

Sorry to get a bit off topic but that savinoff site is painful!
        Man that is some good stuff. Big fan of color and contrast it would seem.

Would the "glow" be the same as what is referred to as "specular bloom"?
        I gues perhaps that is a photographics term, specular bloom, that is the
        only context in which I have heard it referred to.
        "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

here's a good Neil Bleivis tutorial about glow (specualr bloom) w/ render effects in max...it also works well with vray since its a render effect.

http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_educat...ular_bloom.htm

hope it helps

paul.

Comment

Working...
          X