No announcement yet.

MultiScatter Texture Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlado, I sent you a mail the other day asking for some more options in the VRayMultiSubTex map, it would be great to also have a VrayID at an object level that's in the VrayProperties that we could tie randomness and other masks to.
    Maxscript made easy....
    davewortley.wordpress.com
    Follow me here:
    facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

I think a better approach would be to use the node User properties for this - you can add more than one ID and then you would be able to use these IDs in the multi-sub texture. You can also use different IDs for different materials etc.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

cant you do this with multitexture? load up a bunch of color swatches and use the comptex to mix them in? I feel like i'm missing something because this seems simple.
        You cant just pick 2 colors and have it sort out the inbetween - you do need to make 10px x 10px images with the colors on but there are controls to introduce more randomization.

Comment

can't there be a random % of saturation like Multitexture?
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I just sent a feature request to be able to select a gradient in the new 'pick color' option in multitexture, not sure if that would be difficult for him to add but if it can be then it covers the entire functionality of the multiscatter map (and then some)

Comment

Since it became as a flood of ideas and I have lost the main point - if the following is possible to be created:

"I think that the best and easiest way to do this is just extend the "Get ID from:" list of the VRayMultiSubTex with a few more options. This map already has great features and adding few more options how to distribute the maps(colors) will make it even greater.
              Here is a list of options that can be added:
              Name, Node handle, Render ID, Element, Face, Particle ID

If you are using xref scenes you can choose Name to keep consistency. The other five options will be great added value to the map."

Sorry for being a pain in the ...... neck , but it's kind of important issue for our production.

Many thanks,
              Dimitar
              REDVERTEX
              redvertex.com

Comment

Yes, working on it.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X