No announcement yet.

skin shader a la Alsurface pleaseeee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok great news Vlado you can count on me to give you early feedback on it I just cant wait to play with it !! im sure your super busy but trust me skin shading is very important too hehe

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      Eh, not a final version, but maybe I will have something that you can give me early feedback on. Keep in mind that I also have a 100 other urgent things to do that I'm already late for

Best regards,
      Vlado
      At least once you get this sorted out you'll only have 99 problems.

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
        At least once you get this sorted out you'll only have 99 problems.
        I'm sure a new one will promptly appear to take its place...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We've gotten used to being spoiled over the past ten years

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            Eh, not a final version, but maybe I will have something that you can give me early feedback on. Keep in mind that I also have a 100 other urgent things to do that I'm already late for

Best regards,
            Vlado
            What would be cool is if Chaosgroup would hire some of the Nitrous team that recently was let go to work on a tighter integration of Vray in the 3ds Max viewport.

Comment

Hi Vlado, the week is ending soon, how's that al shader going on ? I would like to play with it this weekend and give you early feedback on it

Comment

No news Vlado about it ? Did it fall in a dead lock ?

Comment

Sorry, I got sidetracked into the denoiser thing, which I need to finish before the next SP. Will get you something as soon as I can.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ha ok . Any timeframe when you think you'll get back on it?

Comment

Luc,

Thought you might be interested in an OSL material I made which emulates the skin shader by Tony Reynolds. I only tested it in Maya, but it should also work in Max.

Comment

hey thank's great to know!! GOnna test it RIGHT NOW

Comment

sharktacos,

hopw can I make it work ? I try to copy paste it to a notepad and save it as an .osl but it don't work, it sees it like a txt in the vrayOSLMtl , any idea ?

Comment

sharktacos,

hopw can I make it work ? I try to copy paste it to a notepad and save it as an .osl but it don't work, it sees it like a txt in the vrayOSLMtl , any idea ?

EDIT : I found it, it was the stupid windows not showing me then full name of the file in expoloirer..

Comment

sharktacos,,

First thing that jump out, is I tried to put a map in the Subsurface color ( I guess it's there I put my diffuse map ) and it's bugged, it render will all small squares ( like if it was tield up many times! ) and I use UDIM .. as EXR 32 bit.. and the tried just one mapexr and still b ugged.. maybe it dont support exr? or UDIM?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigguns View Post
                                sharktacos,,

First thing that jump out, is I tried to put a map in the Subsurface color ( I guess it's there I put my diffuse map ) and it's bugged, it render will all small squares ( like if it was tield up many times! ) and I use UDIM .. as EXR 32 bit.. and the tried just one mapexr and still b ugged.. maybe it dont support exr? or UDIM?
                                I'll take a look, only problem is that I am in Maya rather than Max, so I can't test it in Max. It works with those maps in Maya, so maybe it's a Max thing? I'd suggest trying the carbonFiber.osl from the Chaos docs to see if that reads your texture map (in the diffuse_texture). Does that work?

Comment

Working...
                                X