No announcement yet.

Blender 2.8 beta and vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From code.blender.org last post: (https://code.blender.org/2018/12/ble...rst-half-2019/)
    An official 2.80-stable is targeted to be ready in Spring. Hopefully in April.
    I would be happy enough if a 2.8 port (of the current exporter) is planned.
    After working in Blender 2.8 (even for just for 30min) it's a bit depressing to go back to Blender 2.79... lol
    architect at oona

Comment

I've been trying out 2.8 as well. It's funny, after so many years of using Blender, I'm finding it is taking some un-learning to use the new interface. In any case, I am glad for the change, and look forward to what Chaos Group can do with this new Blender.

Comment

Originally posted by leandro_cs View Post
        From code.blender.org last post: (https://code.blender.org/2018/12/ble...rst-half-2019/)

After working in Blender 2.8 (even for just for 30min) it's a bit depressing to go back to Blender 2.79... lol
        I agree with that, I've been using 2.8 and cycles for production instead, it's easy and pretty damn powerful. Lot's of cool GPU stuff like multiscatter GGX, volumetrics, toon shading, random walk sss, rolling shutter and the best ipr I've ever seen. Still miss vray though, especially light cache and vray camera settings but if it doesn't have ipr I'm sticking with cycles.
        www.nikand.com
        3D Freelance

Comment

V-Ray Blender help page is under development. Maybe the long wait is finaly over....fingers crossed

Comment

I so hoped that this weekend would had been the weekend when V-ray/Blender 2.8 would have been released. But I fear that it's not going to happen. Please ChaosGroup team, could you give a couple strengthening words to me, just a couple.
            I think I'm going to need it right now more than ever

Comment

There's no sense in anticipating when this will drop, it could be just another few weeks, it could be six months! Adjust your expectations lower, and lower still, and you will not be disappointed. It's a great software now, one day it will be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
                There's no sense in anticipating when this will drop, it could be just another few weeks, it could be six months! Adjust your expectations lower, and lower still, and you will not be disappointed. It's a great software now, one day it will be even better.
                Are you using 2.79? For me 2.8 is such a leap forward that I can't go back to 2.79 even with vray. And the missing ipr in vray makes cycles better in my opinion. Hoping for a full fledged vray next version of course but I have a feeling blender will always be the least important platform for chaos group.
                www.nikand.com
                3D Freelance

Comment

The maximum "could be" ipr for 2.79 but not for 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by nikand View Post

Are you using 2.79? For me 2.8 is such a leap forward that I can't go back to 2.79 even with vray. And the missing ipr in vray makes cycles better in my opinion. Hoping for a full fledged vray next version of course but I have a feeling blender will always be the least important platform for chaos group.
                    Frankly, it's taking me some adjustment to use 2.8 since I've been using 2.7x for so many years (I think 2012 was when I first started using Blender.) So much is muscle memory now, that I found it's slower for me to use 2.8, as I have to re-find where everything is. I'll still be using 2.79 until I see a build for V-Ray - that includes IPR. Otherwise, I honestly have no need to spend $$$ on an upgrade and may be using 2.79 for production for some time to come. In the meantime, I'll work on getting a hang of 2.8 and see what I can do in Eevee.

Comment

...i have a dream

Comment

...I had a dream my life would be

Comment

Maybe if we ask nicely, someone from chaosgroup team could say couple strengthening words to everyone in this forum or even maybe show a screenshot what's coming. With that I think everyone here receive some needed strength to carry on

Comment

I think it's only money, blender probably it' only a waste of time for chaos.

Comment

code.blender.org new post (https://code.blender.org/2019/04/2-80-release-plan/)
                              Blender 2.80 official release is planned for July.
                              Let's hope!

architect at oona

Comment

Could anyone from Chaos Group shed some info about estimated time of release? Would be nice to know if we are talking weeks or months
                                www.nikand.com
                                3D Freelance

Comment

Working...
                                X