Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fingers crossed!!!

Comment

we could have some news "...i hope i will show you soon" and " ....after holidays" already, no need for top secret stuff that's just a blender - so for me things are obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by kropaman View Post
        we could have some news "...i hope i will show you soon" and " ....after holidays" already, no need for top secret stuff that's just a blender - so for me things are obvious.
        Yeah me too. Hopefully some other companies will step in.
        www.nikand.com
        3D Freelance

Comment

Hi guys. It seems that the Blender community is very small, and I understand that it does not bring much revenue compared to the 3dsmax community. Anyway, I still have hope. Blender 2.80 looks awesome, and it can mean a change in the paradigm of 3D design software. Now it looks like more professional software, more focused on the artists. VRay is very known out there because of its quality and speed as a render engine, and I think the price of the license for Blender is quite fair. That means that, as more enthusiasts, independent artists, small studios, startups, etc. decide to move to Blender, I guess VRay can be a powerful alternative to Cycles. I'm a clear example: as a simple 3D design enthusiast, I bought a license for VRay as soon as I moved to Blender.

Just as an anecdote: Two/three years ago I acquired a license for Blackmagic Fusion 9 (this post-production tool also offered a very affordable license ~300 EUR/USD). After a few months, Blackmagic released Resolve DaVinci 15, which had Fusion totally integrated into it, and there were not news about any new standalone version of Fusion. Well, the Fusion community got crazy and very pissed off, because they wanted to know for sure what happened with Fusion. There were not news in the official forums, no answers ... nothing for months! People got desperated. And, after everyone gave up on asking and guessing, everyone thought that Fusion was condemned to disappear as a standalone tool. Well, after more than one year of void, Blackmagic released Resolve DaVinci 16 ... and Fusion 16 standalone!!!! Just like that, suddenly and without giving any hint in advance.
          I still keep on trying to understand what kind of approach was to keep on communicating nothing for more than one year...

In my humild opinion, Blender 2.80 is awesome, and with VRay it will become an extremely powerful 3D tool. I hope that the "Blender 2.80 & VRay" case is the same kind of case as Blackmagic Fusion was... I keep the hope
          Last edited by enrique.monzo; 12-07-2019, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I too am worried about lack of news about V-Ray for Blender 2.8. 2.8 RC was just released and API is frozen for more than a month now. My workflow depends hugely on V-Ray and I would like to migrate soon to 2.8 - especially as other plugins I use will become obsolete with time. Chaos Group abandoning support for Blender, and doing that without any notice would be a great disservice to their customers. We may be getting Blender for free, but we're still paying for the Render Node license, we deserve at least some info about future plans for V-Ray for Blender.

Comment

Octane for blender 2.8 will be available within this month with fast ipr. And from what I understand it will have rtx support and out of core rendering too. Chaos needs to be more transparent with it's Blender support.
              www.nikand.com
              3D Freelance

Comment

I've read on blender forum that redshift should introduce a plugin at Siggraph event. I think they just have no time on blender because of unreal engine and houdini not to mention they now have to support vray 3 and next versions for all other apps. So Blender is now in a long drawer or they don't have interest in it anymore.
                Last edited by kropaman; 13-07-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Another good news.. I hope
                  https://www.blender.org/press/epic-g...pic-megagrant/

It still remain a good Choas announcement!

Comment

Originally posted by kropaman View Post
                    I've read on blender forum that redshift should introduce a plugin at Siggraph event. I think they just have no time on blender because of unreal engine and houdini not to mention they now have to support vray 3 and next versions for all other apps. So Blender is now in a long drawer or they don't have interest in it anymore.
                    That would be huge! I agree, vray being on so many platforms with both cpu and gpu versions it's hard to keep up with gpu renderers like redshift and octane. Love vray though but I only care for gpu stuff.
                    www.nikand.com
                    3D Freelance

Comment

nikand accidentally found Arnold for Blender 2.80 almost ready https://github.com/tyler-furby/Arnol...Blender:shock:

Comment

the end of the summer holidays is near.....

Comment

kropaman cool...it's just a matter of time before everything is available in Blender.
                          Look at google trends(sorry could not change language). 3ds max and maya is getting less popular by the day. Blender will probably skyrocket with 2.8.
                          www.nikand.com
                          3D Freelance

Comment

Epic Games, Ubisoft, well ... that's really good news
                            I would love to read more good news from Vray for Blender
                            (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

I am currently testing E-Cycles and the speedup and quality compared to standard Cycles seems promising. 4 years ago when I first started using VRay for Blender there were little other viable options, fortunately times have changed.

Comment

Damn right !
                                Anyway, I like the idea of having many strings to my bow (Cycles, EEVEE) BUT I like too much VRAY to no longer use it !
                                (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Working...
                                X