No announcement yet.

Blender 2.8 beta and vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read in this forum before that ipr will never become a part of Blender, as some parts of its code are licenced and Blender's open code conflicts with that, or something like that, I stopped waiting and started using cycles instead, tbh cycles it's faster, (less accurate, less realistic in many ways too, full of non-linear infuriating stuff) but I cannot stress enough how much faster it is to setup a scene when you have instant changes on the viewport. its been almost a year and logged in to find out updates on this topic and nothing. maybe what I read here was true.

Comment

Well there is other renderers like Arnold, Octane and others and they seams more open than Chaosgroup to share what's going on with their blender 2.8 addon, and by reading those threads I get that picture that it looks like that IPR is possible to make it. I agree that some info from Chaosgroup team would be nice. Like if IPR is the most challenging thing for them and that's why we haven't got 2.8 update yet.
      Last edited by haikalle; 29-04-2019, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Octane already has ipr and new release will be free for blender & unity users(up to 2 gpu's I think). It will also have rtx support which looks to be really fast. It will only be a matter of time before redshift gets a Blender release too.

www.nikand.com
        3D Freelance

Comment

Originally posted by nikand View Post
          Octane already has ipr and new release will be free for blender & unity users(up to 2 gpu's I think). It will also have rtx support which looks to be really fast. It will only be a matter of time before redshift gets a Blender release too.
          Are u sure nikand that octane will be free fr blender users?

Comment

I have to admit that I'm a little bit scared. When I watch other Chaosgroup forums. Develloppers team is very active in there. But here in Blender forum, I get a feeling that we are left into corner....Just a thought...It would be nice that Chaosgroup could
            share at least a little bit for us, to users who has been there since day one. If I know that there is something coming I would wait because I do love V-Ray...but if there is nothing happening, then I would like to know because then it's time to watch alternatives.

vlado bdancer
            Last edited by haikalle; 09-05-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marcoz View Post

Are u sure nikand that octane will be free fr blender users?
              Yes, taken from otoy:
              "A free version of Octane 4 will be released under a new subscription tier, limited to 2 GPUs maximum and only available in certain plug-ins."
              "Blender is next. We are looking at tools that are free to use, like Blender, for the free tier, but we may add others in time."

Could be anytime now and ipr is working in Blender.
              www.nikand.com
              3D Freelance

Comment

Originally posted by haikalle View Post
                I have to admit that I'm a little bit scared. When I watch other Chaosgroup forums. Develloppers team is very active in there. But here in Blender forum, I get a feeling that we are left into corner....Just a thought...It would be nice that Chaosgroup could
                share at least a little bit for us, to users who has been there since day one. If I know that there is something coming I would wait because I do love V-Ray...but if there is nothing happening, then I would like to know because then it's time to watch alternatives.

vlado bdancer
                +1. It's not looking like they care much unfortunately but 2.8 is still in beta though.
                www.nikand.com
                3D Freelance

Comment

i still hoping for vray ipr because vray next seems very fast and accurate, octane is near cycles at present time,but for me ,but according to me ,chaos group there is a little lack of respect, not giving any news about it, we invested money (a little compared to 3dsmax) and time to learn to use vray in blender.
                  It would be much more honest to say whether or not the company wants to invest in blender

Comment

The field of architectural rendering is constantly shifting. I've adopted Enscape (using Sketchup) for a significant portion of my work. It's several steps backwards in terms of accuracy, but it more than makes up for it in interactivity and speed. I can render HD video in about 10 minutes per each minute of video with a pair of GTX 1070 cards. 4k renders take just a few seconds. It's "good enough" for a lot of my work, especially when designs are in flux and clients want to see multiple iterations. I still use V-Ray 3.0 for high quality still images. I love material nodes and I enjoy using Blender, but the lack of IPR is getting to be more and more of a drawback as other software continues to gain ground. I really hope Blender does not get left behind in the V-Ray universe.

Comment

https://www.chaosgroup.com/download-free-trials

Like in that page there is more evidences that something might be coming. But that "(Coming Soon)" statement has been quite long time there, so I don't know. I just wish that chaosgroup knows that how helpful blender folks can be even in testing/coding phase.
                      We don't need to have fully working product. Give us something and we can help to finish it together. Like we have done with updating json files. I'm not pro programmer but I can do something small to help chaosgroup team...this silence is that worries me the most.

Comment

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post
                        The field of architectural rendering is constantly shifting. I've adopted Enscape (using Sketchup) for a significant portion of my work. It's several steps backwards in terms of accuracy, but it more than makes up for it in interactivity and speed. I can render HD video in about 10 minutes per each minute of video with a pair of GTX 1070 cards. 4k renders take just a few seconds. It's "good enough" for a lot of my work, especially when designs are in flux and clients want to see multiple iterations. I still use V-Ray 3.0 for high quality still images. I love material nodes and I enjoy using Blender, but the lack of IPR is getting to be more and more of a drawback as other software continues to gain ground. I really hope Blender does not get left behind in the V-Ray universe.
                        Have you tried Evee and if so how does it compare to enscape? I really like evee. Once it gets object motion blur it will be great for animation.
                        www.nikand.com
                        3D Freelance

Comment

Originally posted by nikand View Post

Have you tried Evee and if so how does it compare to enscape? I really like evee. Once it gets object motion blur it will be great for animation.
                          I've only given it a cursory look - enough to realize that I would need to devote some amount of time (that I don't currently have) to learning the system and the new 2.8 interface for it to be effective for me. I have a pretty good workflow (and shader and proxy library) right now in 2.79 and V-Ray 3.0 for still images, so right now 2.8 and Eevee is not my focus. I do intend to explore it further, so if I come up with some useful comparisons, I will be happy to share them here.

Comment

did you fill the latest questionnaire from Chaos group?

I've noticed that they include version for Blender as any product on the list. In download area there is nt also version for Blender included. Currently I came back to Corona, because it's for free and it uses less RAM than V-ray. And after working on proxies I'm quite happy with it, mostly for interiors where i can use the proxies without any problems

Comment

Zorianpl No it was always there nothing new sadly.

Comment

With Blender 2.8 release candidate launching tomorrow, maybe someone from chaos could shed some info about 2.8 vray release?
                                www.nikand.com
                                3D Freelance

Comment

Working...
                                X