This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V-Ray/Blender 2.57

which actually implements VRay's FastSSS2 material, so maybe the name inside Blender should reflect that
    Which is actually BRDFSSS2Complex, so I guess it will be even called just SSS.

The texture assigned to "Overall" doesn't get assigned.
    Fixed.

This is probably related to the fact that the "Overall color" doesn't work too.
    Fixed.

The Subdivs in the Specular layer properties and the Single scatter properties are limited to 10
    Fixed. Increased.

Scatter radius renamed to Scatter color. Scatter radius will be added.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

- override materials in render>globals tab seems to be broken (?)
      - text>image>scale if X,Y or Z is =0 render doesnt starts
      - when plane has texture mapping object-flat - origin is a start place of maping texture - so its difficult to rotate this plane then if You change origin location to some of vertex
      mat tests>
      render tests>

Comment

override materials in render>globals tab seems to be broken
        Fixed.

image>scale if X,Y or Z is =0 render doesnt starts
        Fixed.

when plane has texture mapping object-flat ...
        This is how it works. Use UV in this case or rotate object in Object mode.
        Support Request

Comment

Hi,
          I have a problem with the patched blender build ,

I appreciate that when renderer is set to "vray 2.0" the only available texture types (= visible in the drop down menu) are those supported by VB25.
          But when i switch to "Blender Render" (internal renderer) it doesn't change texture types . the only available remain "image" and "Vray" .

No problem for using vray, but i like using the same build for vray and internal render projects.

This happens in 37521 win32 build from github , and i my linux 64 build (doesn't happen if i don't apply the patch)

Comment

thanks Andrey 4 so quick fixes!

i found lack of something that I really miss from 2.49 and 3ds max :

object tab>display>"texture space"
            shift + T - move texture space
            alt + shift + T - scale texture space

- this feature was very helpful with quick scaling moving textures - anyway it doesnt affect scale and offset/move of the texture in vb. Its quicker than changing values and everytime hiting to render to check if tex is in correct sclae and place.
            Maybe U can add this?
            Thanks
            mat tests>
            render tests>

Comment

@nizu
              me the same - thats way I keep 2 shortcuts on the desktop )
              mat tests>
              render tests>

Comment

But when i switch to "Blender Render" (internal renderer) it doesn't change texture types . the only available remain "image" and "Vray".
                This is how patch works.

object tab>display>"texture space"
                Seems its not possible to access texture space with Python...
                Support Request

Comment

1. object>light (if is on) vray doesnt start to render
                  2. i made git pull but still material override seems to be broken
                  mat tests>
                  render tests>

Comment

1 & 2: send me some test scenes - both works for me =)
                    Support Request

Comment

Under Windows 7 x64, when material preview is enable and you add a new texture to a material but you still don't had setup the image path or vray procedural type,
                      Windows start poping up windows saying "V-Ray Standalone has stopped working".
                      It's not a true error and you can ignore it, the interface keeps responding but Windows 7 keep poping up this error window until you setup the texture (image path or vray procedural type).
                      Anyone can confirm this?

Its possible to raise up the range of the vray light mateiral power?
                      With white color and power=1 it keeps previewing a gray color.

+1 for bitmap default filter: None

Thanks for your great work on the exporter!
                      Planing a donation next week
                      architect at oona

Comment

many tex are inverted after adding to material - is there some option to rotate them in panel? i see in tex tab: offset(=location), scale but no rotation?
                        - or just flip them V & H
                        mat tests>
                        render tests>

Comment

I dont know if this is a bug but its a little strange behaviour:
                          output > when "add frame number" is turned off - image to blender returns black screen

9,0xb3eb9000) malloc: *** mmap(size=128204 failed (error code=12)
                          *** error: can't allocate region
                          *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
                          terminate called after throwing an instance of 'char*'

broken file> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19725436/vb_bug ... gion.blend

blender and vray both crash when border rendering is on (shift+B) - it crashes when render is finished and vfb sends render to blender
                          (you can check it in the same file as above)
                          terminal:
                          Rendering image...: 99.58% [ 0h 1m 17.0s] [ 0h 0m 0.3s est]Segmentation fault
                          logout

can caustics tab can be in metrical units if scene is set to metric? i mean they probably are but can gui display units in tabs?

although object is excluded in light properties it recives/produces caustics.
                          Can I exclude more than one objects (i dont see any button to add another one)

6. delete preset in exporter doesnt work
                          btw. Whats the difference beetwen saving exporter and gi settings - first one saves all in render tab , and second only GI settings?

i can be doing something wrong but if i put some object without any material and set override in its object properties f.e check off visibile to camera - its still visible on rendering

world tex cant be checked on/off in menu like textures for object materials.

shouldn't light cache in 'from file" mode contain filter - or should I use pre-filter instead?
                          im asking couse:
                          "Interp samples essentially blurs this solution. So you can change this after you’ve saved out as above ..."
                          heres link: http://www.jamesshaw.co.nz/blog/?p=542

the same situation as in p. 9 - shouldnt irriadiance map have Interp. Samples in "from file" mode?

how to dissable object or material from generate/recieve caustics?

how can I specify material for hair? f.e. i have two praticle systems assigned and want both of them to have different materials - i can specify material number but what then?

Im testing it almost 48 hours ... this is VERY smart considered and stable build (no blender crash, only 1 ghost window in this period). Thanks again bdancer for so much good work!
                          mat tests>
                          render tests>

Comment

1. I'll check this.
                            2. File not found (
                            3. Known bug... try to fix or make a workaround.
                            4. Ok.
                            5. You could add object names separated by ';' (look at tooltip); you could also add group (also ';' separated list).
                            - Bug.
                            - Global saves all (displace, caustics, gi, cm etc) settings. GI - just GI.
                            7. Fixed.
                            8. Same in Internal. Blender "feature". I also don't like this. On/off is only in material textures.
                            9. Fixed.
                            10. Fixed.
                            11. Wrapper (in material and object).
                            12. This id is material position in particle emitter materials (same as in Internal).
                            Support Request

Comment

1. Material override still no working here;

2. Particles texture panel shows up only blend option if vray is selected as render engine. You have tu set render engine to blender and you'll see other influence options; Texture stack list is not shown if vray is selected as render engine too, you have use blender engine to add textures.
                              [attachment=0:32ylt84b]particles_textures.jpg[/attachment:32ylt84b]

3. Background texture horizontal rotation is strange. Its not panning the image, its rotating clockwising from view
                              [attachment=1:32ylt84b]hor_rot.jpg[/attachment:32ylt84b]

Regards.
                              Attached Files
                              architect at oona

Comment

1. I'll check it. Sure using latest script? Send me scene that doesn't work.
                                2. Hm... seems smth change in api again - i was fixing this some time ago...
                                3. I'll check this.
                                Support Request

Comment

Working...
                                X