This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: V-Ray/Blender 2.57

ok we have camera's perpective shift, but where is straight shift x y ? )
    DOF is probably broken - this is what i get when choose dof with pointing object (rendering doesnt start)
    (When i choose dof without pointing object - vray renders but doesnt take into account DOF settings.):

File "/Applications/Blender/35920GIT/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.56/scripts/startup/vb25/render_ops.py", line 918, in render
    vb25.render.render(self, scene)
    File "/Applications/Blender/35920GIT/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.56/scripts/startup/vb25/render.py", line 1890, in render
    err= write_scene(bus)
    File "/Applications/Blender/35920GIT/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.56/scripts/startup/vb25/render.py", line 1704, in write_scene
    write_frame(bus)
    File "/Applications/Blender/35920GIT/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.56/scripts/startup/vb25/render.py", line 1677, in write_frame
    PLUGINS['CAMERA']['CameraPhysical'].write(bus)
    File "/Applications/Blender/35920GIT/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.56/scripts/startup/vb25/plugins/CameraPhysical.py", line 379, in write
    focus_distance= get_distance(ca,camera.data.dof_object)
    NameError: global name 'ca' is not defined

------------
    im just finishing a winter figure (all in vb 2.57 RC0 build + PS)
    here's full render: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525
    and here some splash proposals:
    Attached Files
    mat tests>
    render tests>

Comment

I'll fix everything this weekend.
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

Originally posted by FB3000
        Hi Yaroslav,
        I just wanted to ask U if these different results (yaf/vray) with IES arent caused by different shutter settings in physical camera?
        I mean does shutter speed shouldnt be longer to achieve result from yaf renders?
        Hi, and thank U.
        YaR has no physical camera...

Comment

How long do we have to submit splash proposals?

I'm in the middle of several projects so I can't test the new build just yet, but when I finish these up I'll be sure to start testing away

Comment

StompinTom, util final 2.57 release plus few days.
            Support Request

Comment

Hi Andrey,
              I stumbled upon the following during the last couple of days:

SSS material:
              1. - prepass blur is limited to 1.0, while it shouldn't be.
              2. '' - single scatter subdivisions (still) limited to 8
              3. "Cutoff threshold" should be under "Specular layer" because it (correctly) affects the specularity tracing threshold and not Single scatter

When using particles hair:
              1. particle steps are not taken into account and the hair is rendered as straight lines regardless of B-Spline interpolation on/off switch. See the attached thumbnails for illustration.
              2. Particle textures panel is completely empty, so no textures can be assigned to particle systems
              Attached Files

Comment

particle steps are not taken into account
                Use "Segments" to make hair smoother.
                Support Request

Comment

I used them, set them to 9, which is rather high for Blender itself. And if I have to rely only on this, without interpolation it's bad, not only because the result will never be as smooth as it should be, but because high values require a lot move CPU power. And please tell me that this can be edited somewhere in the exported scene post-factum, without having to do all the hair editing and combing every strand into place again!

Comment

And please tell me that this can be edited somewhere in the exported scene post-factum, without having to do all the hair editing and combing every strand into place again!
                    Script uses MayaHair plugin and it takes data from Blender as is. You could write your own hair geometry implementation and interpolate Blender data...
                    Support Request

Comment

Crap! That means one month lost time for me. End of my V-Ray for Blender story.

Comment

zmurdz, shit happens =) Lets look at the bright future =) May be one day everything will be as we want it ) I'm doing my best...
                        Support Request

Comment

@smurdz
                          This is really strange, so why dont U just checked how hair works in VB before u started this serious one month work?
                          I dont think its Vb 25 only problem - U can't just bake hairs into real mesh so this is also blender's lack of feature which is known problem when U export to other render engines or game engines.

Some people write about partially solving problem solutions so check this:
                          http://vimeo.com/4407273
                          http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... air%20mesh

or this:
                          http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/tu ... particles1

So maybe it will help U,
                          mat tests>
                          render tests>

Comment

zmurdz, could you send me your scene (or part of it) - this looks like some specific bug - look at my hair:

Scene: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/5989

Render:
                            Support Request

Comment

ok i kill me but i cant make it render this hair - it renders only the emiter, i tested it on build with updated 2 days ago script, heres my file with saved settings:
                              http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19725436/vb_bug ... l_ps.blend
                              mat tests>
                              render tests>

Comment

bdancer, I tried your scene and can't get any hair, same as FB3000 - only the emitter sphere....

bdancer, can you post a render of your hair with 9 segments - just to compare better, because this is what I am using now?
                                When you say you are using maya hair plugin is this what you are reffering to? - http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/maya...fur_params.htm

Here is my hair: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/5993

P.S.
                                @bdancer and FB3000 - you are both right - shit happens, and it is my fault that I didn't checked everything before starting this. And I don't blame anybody here, nor do I have any bad feelings, just on the contrary - thanks for the help. I'll try the mesh-curves-mesh method, it may be a workaround.

Comment

Working...
                                X