No announcement yet.

V-Ray For Blender 3.0 (Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bardo, where is more convenient for you (I just prefer github for issues because it's more easy to track what was/was-not fixed).
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

ok. I'll use github

Comment

+1 for github
        It has been working very well so far. Much more interactive than this forum (especially because here I can't edit any posts in this sub-forum...)

Comment

Dear Andrei

I just installed the latest from the nightlies section. My first reaction was "where is everything!!!" . Then I realised that EVERYTHING is in the nodes. I'm a bit nervous because if I need to work on an old project, most of the materials will need to be changed, but then I saw that you can export VRmat materials, which would speed up lots of the basic materials I use on all projects.

One question - how does the VRmat export work? I connect the VRmat node after the last node before the output, fill out the file path and press 'save', but no file is created. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Comment

Rob, you need to setup path to material and select material using button beside "Name" field.
            Save and load buttons are currently not fully functional - the idea was to "unpack" selected material into nodes with "Load" and save back to file with "Save".
            Btw, I've uploaded an update for VRmat node - material selection was broken.

For old vb25 projects you could also use "Convert To Nodes" button under "Render Layers" buttons "Tools" panel.
            Last edited by bdancer; 18-07-2014, 08:47 AM.
            Support Request

Comment

Thanks Andrei,

Appreciate the tips. Also, I want to create a proxy / vrmeshes.

If an object is already a proxy, you can edit the object node, but it seems impossible to add an object node to a new object. I noticed that the Override Gemotry in the panel is now gone, and can get it to work only with an old proxy object. The generate proxy function still works though.

Comment

Rob, go to Object buttons, add a node tree then replace geometry node with VRayProxy node. Also check this link: https://github.com/bdancer/vb30/wiki/Nodes-Layout.
                Support Request

Comment

Andrei,

Sorry I was slow to read all the documentation, now I understand how it all works. Nearly everything is nodal!

I have it all in my head now. This is AWESOME! I am very glad I've moved over to VRB3!!

Thanks for all your hard work, I'll try and find some bugs!

Rob.

Comment

HI
                    I do not want to go off topic and I do not want to open a new thread to no avail.

I just wanted to know if in the future will be possible use the node compositing with vray.

thanks

Comment

blendervrayf, you could use it right now, but only with "Image File" node as input. I mean "Render Layers" node is not supported.
                      Support Request

Comment

I just installed new build and I`m glad, that I`m working with this software!! I had some problems with dll libraries, but anyway this is awesome! Congratulations bdancer!

Comment

kontrolermpl, thanks! Check the first post -- I've updated it to mention that you'll have install the Visual Studio 2013 Redistributable, this should help.
                          Support Request

Comment

Thank you ..
                            but how can I work on the image rendered with vray?

the image is always rendered on a new external window ....

Comment

blendervrayf, you could render to file with autosave option.
                              Support Request

Comment

Some where are documentation on nodes? Because there are so many nodes, that i cant figure what they mean and what i can do with them.

p.s.: thanks for you work Andrey, you path to chaosgroup is impressive. Hope they add (in near future) to workgroup "vray for blender" a couple more programers...

Comment

Working...
                                X