X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you
    I will test Blender For V-Ray 3

Comment

Is the nightlies page down? Whenever I click on the link it says page down.

Comment

yes currently down:
        http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...866#post631866

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Andy.

Comment

Hi there,

recently after the nightlies server was down, i don't find and Blender for V-Ray builds... Is there a reason for that?

Would be great to have those builds back there.

Thanks in advance!
            -_vis4arch_-

Comment

Just checked - everything is in place.

Comment

Hello, I wanted to ask if V-Ray for Blender is still being actively developed. Forgive me if this the wrong place to ask.

Comment

caiu5, hello, yes, it is actively developed.
                  V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                  andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                  Support Request

Comment

New build contains a quick camera selection menu on F3 key.
                    Support Request

Comment

hello Bdancer
                      ,I have tested the vray3 beta a bit and it looks OK from the technical point of view.
                      What is a bit concerning is the workflow,more precisely the node sistem.
                      In my opinion a node based material sistem works better with a realtime rendering engine like cycles(nodes are power full indeed but if you need to render the scene to find out how the material will look it negates a bit that power)
                      That's for example how a nodal composer like Nuke or Fusion or even Blender Composer ,or Cycles etc work :any change in a node is promptly rendered on screen giving the much needed feedback for the user.
                      I am fairly new to vray(currently evaluating ) but with 10 years plus of mental ray experience and about 2 years of blender
                      cycles and yafaray so far,and the node material system in vray3 is at first confusing .Not having interactivity at the scene level compounded with added complexity in material creation is a productivity breaker for me at the moment.
                      We can guess that in the future versions it will be a combination of old material editor and the nodal system ,but for the moment vray 2.5 whith the traditional approach works better for me.Plus the nodes take a lot of screen space and put it bluntly I'm more interested in my scene and how it looks than in the material creation tool whatever that might be.
                      There is road map for the future development of vray for blender(knowing that the tool vray is great but the implementation can make it or break it)?
                      thanks
                      Cheers and keep up the good work

Comment

@psv1
                        I've found nodes a bit daunting as well, but it ends up alleviating a variety of limitations in the old system. One suggestion related to workflow is to use the templates and converters that Andrey has made for populating basic materials. Using those, you end up only needing to concentrate on the unique materials. just my 2 cents.

Andy

Comment

We can guess that in the future versions it will be a combination of old material editor and the nodal system
                          There will be NO such combination and I'm not sure why node system is only ok for cycles and yafaray =)
                          It's practically impossible to handle blender/masked materials and anything more complex then a single BRDF with the "old" editor.
                          As andybot_cg wrote, there is a dymanic Templates menu where you could store your own material templates.

Plus the nodes take a lot of screen space
                          Cycles nodes (or any nodes) also does =)

There is road map for the future development of vray for blender
                          There is no public roadmap, but you could request features you are missing (except realtime (interactive update you wrote about) which is a known limitation and currently in early progress).
                          Support Request

Comment

"nodes take a lot of screen space "
                            But you can fast see what and with - is combine and it is clear. Because it is something like "memory tree".

Comment

OK that has answered my questions ,thanks.
                              I guess I just have been spoiled by the GPU mode in cycles regarding fast feedback.
                              Also I use nodes on a daily basis in fusion.
                              Doing a bit of research on the internet it seem that in current configuration chaos has developed vray rt for interactivity.
                              Cheers

Comment

I've added a new meta-node "Image Texture":
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	vb30_image_file_meta_node.png
Views:	1
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	855181
                                Nodes "Image File" and "Image Texture" renamed to "Bitmap Buffer" and "Bitmap Texture" for compatibility.
                                Support Request

Comment

Working...
                                X