No announcement yet.

V-Ray For Blender 3.0 (Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B_S, I only have a wiki page with some examples https://github.com/bdancer/vb30/wiki and https://github.com/bdancer/vb30/wiki/Nodes-Layout description.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Too bad. It would be nice to have at least short list of "node name - and short description in one-two proposals where they usually connects"

Comment

thanks all
        hi all

Comment

Hi,
          I tried to use the new VRayClipper feature inside the object panel but I coudn't find a way to get it works.
          I tried different settings with no luck, maybe is there a special aproach for using it?

I'm using this beta builds:
          Vray 3: vraystd_adv_30507_x64_vc101_24832_swlic
          Blender: vrayblender3-2.71-55747-374f5ec-x86_64-windows
          architect at oona

Comment

Ok, lame question and I'm sorry. Would this be the thread where I can give feedback on the nightlies?

The newest ones are S-L-O-W. The release on 8/7 seems to be the best so far.

And one side question for Vlado. Who can I contact about getting documentation together for VRay nodes, shaders, channels, etc? It seems that area is lacking BAD. I have been crawling all over just trying to get resources together to help with bringing people over. As we all know, we're already struggling with documentation with Blender itself. If we can do all we can to help alleviate headaches in this area, I really feel more users will migrate. I personally have been very grateful for this project since the original exporter. Thank you and keep it up!
            Logan
            Omnia Mutantur
            logan683@gmail.com

Origin Genesis Pro
            -i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz
            -GeForce GTX Titan X @ +200 GPU, +300 Memory x2 non-SLI
            -32GB RAM
            -Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Comment

leandro_cs, check this scene: clipper.blend

The newest ones are S-L-O-W.
              Slow what? Export? Render? Compared to what? To vb25? To vray 2.x? Too little info to investigate...
              Support Request

Comment

Originally posted by bdancer View Post
                leandro_cs, check this scene: clipper.blend
                Thanks, it's working nicely!
                architect at oona

Comment

holy s! I was not expecting this at all, it's a shame that I had really complex materials on b2.5, (but some way more complex materials where impossible)... I hope all this nodal workflow will allow us to achieve those.

I tried to convert a complex fastSSS skin shader I had, with no luck (as is converted from the script, not a SSS shader at all), but I have to admit, I have no Idea what 90% of those nodes do, Documentation is absolutely necesary but offcourse, a lot of re-learning and exploration is on our behalf, thank you sooo much for this, I refuse to the Idea to move to cycles, given so much community support lately, I still feel v-ray is way more robust and up to my needs

Comment

Hi,

Others have asked for some more help. If I were to make some very basic videos for getting started with nodes, what software would be best for screen capture? I have CS6 Production premium, so a plugin for that would also be OK.

I've tried a couple of options, but they seem to want to install rubbish on my system. Any pointers?

Rob.

Comment

If I were to make some very basic videos for getting started with nodes
                      It would be nice
                      Any pointers?
                      https://obsproject.com/
                      https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...aster+Software

Comment

That would be good. At first I did not know how to assign a material or texture in VB30 but one morning and explore short guide placed by BDancer and some examples placed here by the users, I began to understand how it works. I am a new user Vray Blender, but not 3D.

Comment

Why on beta blender version it doesn't show vray or any render engine. I have installed vray stand alone 2.0, should i install some other version? I am using mac os, and i would like to try this beta.
                          thank you!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 2.25.09 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	854116

Comment

Gunis19, Have you activated the addon? Also vraystd 2.0 64 doesn't have V-Ray Frame Buffer window, you have to use 32 bit V-Ray or request access to V-Ray 3.0 beta nightly builds and download V-Ray 3.0 64 bit that has support for V-Ray Frame Buffer window.
                            Support Request

Comment

Hello !
                              Is there a public demo version of vray render node 3?

Comment

LukeNukem, you have to register at our website and then go to http://nightlies.chaosgroup.com and login with this account. You'll see "Blender For V-Ray" sections there with vrayblender3 builds.
                                Also check the end of the first post of this topic for possible troubleshooting.
                                Support Request

Comment

Working...
                                X