Vray for Blender status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for Blender status?

I have been tasked at work into looking at a Vray for Blender solution. We still primarily use Maya for vray and will continue to do so but have found that there are many people who prefer to work in Blender and wanted to provide a possible solution for them VM workstation wise.

I know in the past that Vray for Blender worked well and that if I remember correctly it seemed development stopped.

Does Vray for Blender work for any Blender builds that are 2.9+

Also can Vray for Blender use Vray 4 vs Vray 5?

Thank you for any info about this.

CaseyB
    ------
    KC

There is a long thread but, to save you from reading all, I give you this last post from a Chaos Dev
    https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...33#post1120233

After that there is another post by him.
    I think, or probably I hope, that we'll have some news but we have to wait until the end of the year.
    After that I hope they'll give us a clear announce (termination of the project or new fuel to give us quickly a new updated release)

Comment

Thanks for the head up, that is very helpful and at least lets me know the current predicament of the Blender/Vray situation. Much gratitude.
      ------
      KC

Comment

matanov
        According to this I still hope that Santa Chaos will give us something... Any news?

Comment

The hope is still there, I can't share more.
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
            That sounds exciting! Can you maybe share WHEN you'll be able to share a bit more then "hope"

Comment

Hopefully a proper implemented version of vray 5 as plugin will be a thing. After being tired of sending my models to 3ds max to render them in vray I gave cycles a proper go and while it's definitely a capable render engine it's just too much of a workflow change for me to feel comfortable with it.
              And after seeing how pixar handled their implementation of renderman into blender I am even more wishing for chaos group to do the same or better :P

As EDELVIZ_ARCH already asked. Is there any estimate for when new info might be available?
              Cheers,
              Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Dear Peter,

don't want to be a nag, but would LOVE to get news. We are actually contemplating to switch some of our work over to Blender - but that hinges, at least in part, on the availability of VRay in Blender. Would be great to get a quick update.

Thanks and all the best,
                Jonathan

Comment

''hope'' ...
                  seriously? .. it seems like a comment for the United Nations, ''hope''.
                  This is not very professional my freind, it does not look like a software company with a clear agenda and roadmap. Dismal.
                  Waiting for Years !

Comment

They just killed of the Modo version, despite a lot users. So its most likely happening to Blender too. But of course its a different market, but honestly seeing how many software plugins they have I wouldn't surprised they kill of a few more. Anyway Chaos has finally become another Autodesk. Lets move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      They just killed of the Modo version, despite a lot users. So its most likely happening to Blender too. But of course its a different market, but honestly seeing how many software plugins they have I wouldn't surprised they kill of a few more. Anyway Chaos has finally become another Autodesk. Lets move on.
                      With everyone else starting to offer a Blender Version (Pixar, Otoy, Redshift ...) I am not sure that Blender is the same as Modo which has slowly been stagnating and lots of Plugin Devs have been running away from for a long time. I am sure the other companies have been doing some market research and come to a conclusion that it makes sense to do Blender version...

That being said, I agree that it would really be nice to get some clear communication from Chaos...

Comment

I wish you all a happy new year 2022....this year is remarkable because we got ahead, more lockdowns, more vaccines, financial crisis.......BUT one positive thing.....it is the global coverage of satellite internet thanks to papa ELON....maybe we should ask him if he could call his friends from chaos to also demand vray4blender....then there would be a second positive thing in 2022

much love from my broken vray-heart wich urgently needs a bypass-plugin for blender 3.x

cheers phil
                        Greets Phil
                        -----------------------
                        WS
                        DUAL E5-2683 V3 28c/56t @2,6Ghz
                        64GB Ram
                        ASUS ROG STRIX OC 1080ti
                        PALIT SUPER JETSTREAM 780ti

Node
                        I7 2600K @4,40GHZ,
                        32GB RAM

Comment

Nice comment. But I disagree. Its more like Chaos about buying 3dsmax next, at least it seems subscription making the, so rich that they constantly work on there ArchViz Monopoly. They just acquired Enscape. Now, they have the complete market solution from render to real time. I guess next buy is about assets to fill Cosmos.
                          So as predicted, Blenders success lead to some looses, but also to even bigger companies. We have Autodesk, Maxon, Foundry and Chaos almost domination 95% of the commercial market.

Comment

Exactly Robert I fear this consolidation is one more (is it the final one?) nail in the coffin of Blender integration.

Comment

Well I guess they made real business plans for the future and looked into who is using the software in ArchViz. And the result was not Modo and not Blender. The biggest competitor Corona was bought and the second threat Unreal was taken with vantage. However there is problem, called subscription. When ever economy is running low, companies reduce running costs and subscription is a huge pain in such situations. I know a lot C4D users that told me, that they almost about giving up on that. In the past freelancers and smaller studios bought only updates when having a good year. Future is not predictable, but it doesn’t look well.

Comment

Working...
                              X