No announcement yet.

Vray for Blender status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there is a Vray for Blender, and the subscription model covers all programs (one license for Maya AND Blender) I will 100% start using Blender alongside Maya. I dont think I would move my main car rendering over to Blender, but I would do a lot more scene building in Blender and move it into Maya
    Website
    https://mangobeard.com/
    Behance
    https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Any update on VRay for Blender at this point? ChaosGroup - any sign of life would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Hi,

it will be nice to have any update, on where Vray goes with blender,
        I worked with Vray in modo , and I need to change because vray has been discontinued,

I am thinking about cinema 4D or Blender, I am leaning more towards blender, as the 2 are pretty similar for my needs,
        but I use vray for a few years now

you say that blender is in your plans, but what is the priority compared to cinema 4D, is it always going to have to wait several months to have the last version of V-Ray

that would allow me to choose which software I should use

I wish you a beautiful day.
        Best regards
        Daniel

Comment

ChaosGroup! After spending several years on doing Renderings with your awesome Renderengine.
          I changed my software from 3dsMax to Blender. And we need something like Vray right there! So please sit together and ask the community about their opinin a possible version for Blender.
          This would be a huge step for the 3d community

Regards,
          Philipp

Comment

Originally posted by philipp_oehler View Post
            ChaosGroup! After spending several years on doing Renderings with your awesome Renderengine.
            I changed my software from 3dsMax to Blender. And we need something like Vray right there! So please sit together and ask the community about their opinin a possible version for Blender.
            This would be a huge step for the 3d community

Regards,
            Philipp
            Sorry! i used the wrong account. This is the main one!

Comment

Originally posted by dpotuznik View Post
              Hi,

it will be nice to have any update, on where Vray goes with blender,
              I worked with Vray in modo , and I need to change because vray has been discontinued,

I am thinking about cinema 4D or Blender, I am leaning more towards blender, as the 2 are pretty similar for my needs,
              but I use vray for a few years now

you say that blender is in your plans, but what is the priority compared to cinema 4D, is it always going to have to wait several months to have the last version of V-Ray

that would allow me to choose which software I should use

I wish you a beautiful day.
              Best regards
              Daniel
              I would say its pretty clear what DCC has priority.

C4D. Vray 6 was in beta shortly after Max/Maya.

Comment

Originally posted by seth_richardson View Post

I would say its pretty clear what DCC has priority.

C4D. Vray 6 was in beta shortly after Max/Maya.
                I can (almost) completely understand that V-Ray for blender is not a priority, but I would like to know if there is at least a priority and for about when?
                I don't want like Modo to learn a new software and wait for years for an update that never came.
                And it's frustrating because v-ray for modo v is not even available anymore, I can't make my old projects

Comment

I agree with people would like to know what Chaos has planned for Blender integration.
                  "No news is a good news" but here it seems quite the opposite.

I think that we're ready for every kind of news, but please leave us something solid, in a positive or negative way.

Comment

Just to add that the combo GeometryNodes and the new V6 features like VrayScatter and Vray EnMesh seems that they born to be married.
                    please Chaos, let we know something.

Comment

As Blender become more solid every month, any news here? Can we get at least a "yes we are working on it" or "just look for another renderer" kind of signal?
                      Or maybe hire the guy who is doing the corona for Blender integration - he seems to be really ontop of his game and having done (without live preview) but an overall functional integration of a chaos group render engine all by himself...or is this still a licensing/IP issue?

Comment

Okay, I'm really late to the V-Ray for Blender party (I'm only now learning Blender as I feel both it and me are ready for each other )...... but....... it is clear from the total silence from Chaos regarding this post (over a many, many months/years) that they have no interest in informing their customers of the status/intention/etc, so that we, THEIR customers, can have SOME idea.

So.... Cycles it is then!
                        Last edited by JezUK; 14-09-2022, 04:07 AM.
                        Jez

------------------------------------
                        3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                        Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                        ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

I've completely switched to Blender cycles for more than a year, but haven't used v-ray for years, because I was doing Unreal Engine before.

I am doing a project now that forces me to use V-ray, and I have to say, I am so sad it's not available in blender!

As much as I love Blender and Cycles, that beautiful effortless look that vray has, I didn't even know how much I missed it until I got back to it.

But 3ds Max feels so slow and old, will definitely give redshift or octane a try.

Comment

Latest official information

https://youtu.be/KmUK5OXRtxE?t=4617
                            https://github.com/ChaosGroup/vray_f...ugins/branches

Click image for larger version

Name:	vblender.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1160728

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                            oakcorp.net
                            v-ray.jp

Comment

Noice! Exciting times!
                              Website
                              https://mangobeard.com/
                              Behance
                              https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

I prefer to to stay out from the auto-hype loop...but if they need some beta testing... I'm here

Comment

Working...
                                X