Vray for Blender status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bardo View Post
    I prefer to to stay out from the auto-hype loop...but if they need some beta testing... I'm here
    We had been part of the VRay for Modo beta test - if there is one happening for Blender also, I would also be very interested to be part of it.

Comment

I just saw the youtube video and came here immediately :P
      Definitely happy about the official update from Vlado. And same here if there are any beta testers needed I'd be interested as well.

Cheers,
      Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Thanks Mokiki, I saw it now also ! In video Vlado showed BMW scene which was viewport rendered.
        Are you bdancer coming back to Blender coding ?
        Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

Hi Everyone,
          has any more news about VRay for Blender popped up anywhere and I missed it? Or nothing so far?
          Thanks,
          Jonathan

Comment

vlado, please share some insights on the current status of vray for blender =).

Comment

Hello Chaosgroup,
              Hello Chaos-Community,

Blender becomes a huge part of the 3d ecosystem nowadays.

I know you cant tell us any details but please bring the Chaos-community to this new and awesome toolchain.
              Cycles is fine and well integrated but for the people like us there is a need for Vray for Blender.

I remember in the past VrayforC4D was a small team project and it was developed independently. It turned out to be awesome!

Me as a 10+ year experienced guy from the Industry, coming from Cinema4D, 3dsMax, i recognized a huge change in the industry, it becomes more public to everyone and lets be honest, its time for a change!

So please sit together and talk about this topic to give us some transparency. Put some energy on this topic!

Regards,
              Philipp

Comment

Originally posted by Filib View Post
                Hello Chaosgroup,
                Hello Chaos-Community,

Blender becomes a huge part of the 3d ecosystem nowadays.

I know you cant tell us any details but please bring the Chaos-community to this new and awesome toolchain.
                Cycles is fine and well integrated but for the people like us there is a need for Vray for Blender.
                Me as a 10+ year experienced guy from the Industry, coming from Cinema4D, 3dsMax, i recognized a huge change in the industry, it becomes more public to everyone and lets be honest, its time for a change!
                Regards,
                Philipp
                Philipp,

I completely agree. And as Blender is becoming more attractive every single day it still lacks a really solid production renderer. Cycles is great but without some of the production basics like distributed rendering it does not give me comfort to switch rendering for my studio.
                Here VRay could contribute so much to make Blender more professional and add just what is missing now - attention to detail which decades of polish of VRay in real world production have brought and made it the most solid production render out there.​
                And one would think this would also be a good time to bring it to Blender - lots of professionals are now seriously looking at Blender and have used VRay in lots of other packages - if they get used to it in Blender also it will establish VRay as a production default for so many people as Blender grows in popularity.

It would be really great to get some sort of timeline or other preview of what is to come for VRay Blender so that people can plan a bit ahead.

Regards,
                Jonathan

Comment

From what I understand, Blender is going through some rapid changes of late, so perhaps that slows any Vray implementation? In any case, if or when Vray does become a Blender option, I will most certainly be taking up Blender as a secondary package (Ive dabbled a little so far) with a view to it replacing Maya in the longer term. I dont use the character animation and rigging tools which is the main reason to use Maya.
                  Website
                  https://mangobeard.com/
                  Behance
                  https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Hi Guys,

we are doing some Blender + Cycles Archviz tests at the moment. My god, VRay is so solid with heavy scenes - maybe I just don't know my way around sufficiently yet - but rendering a heavy archviz scene with Cycles is just a crashy nightmare. This is like the modo native renderer.
                    I really hope that we get some news on VRay for Blender some time soon - cycles is really giving me grey hair at a scary rapid pace .

Cheers,
                    Jonathan

Comment

...anything? Any update at all?

Comment

The future of 3d is indeed Blender. If vray wants to remain relevant in a few years they need to step up and become a viable renderer for Blender.

Comment

I think 'a' future 'includes' Blender (I'd still like to think I can work without it for a long time yet ) but isn't the fact that Vray isn't currently available more to do with the fact that Blender's open source, subject to quite considerable changes
                          as it evolves, and so quite difficult to keep up with iteratively? Also possibly a licensing conundrum...
                          Just a guess though...stuff may occur at some point...who knows?!
                          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
                            isn't the fact that Vray isn't currently available more to do with the fact that Blender's open source, subject to quite considerable changes
                            as it evolves, and so quite difficult to keep up with iteratively?
                            They are slowing down their release schedule, that might help.

Website
                            https://mangobeard.com/
                            Behance
                            https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
                              I think 'a' future 'includes' Blender (I'd still like to think I can work without it for a long time yet ) but isn't the fact that Vray isn't currently available more to do with the fact that Blender's open source, subject to quite considerable changes
                              as it evolves, and so quite difficult to keep up with iteratively? Also possibly a licensing conundrum...
                              Just a guess though...stuff may occur at some point...who knows?!
                              Valid point. I do feel like there is a big opportunity, though. I really think most of us will be using it in the next five years.

Comment

is there new version of vray for blender ? i bought vray cuz i wanna use this in blender. i am patiently waiting for development but there is nothing to new development i guess....

Comment

Working...
                                X