• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted,i see the new price is online,i posted wrong,sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan_Laub View Post
      deleted,i see the new price is online,i posted wrong,sorry
      yes, this is what I think is unhappy, also it is very exhausting to check daily for missing features and fixes...
      this should be still a beta... my personal view

Comment

well,yes i understand you

Comment

This may be a good time for the development team to think about creating a Trello Roadmap page. Something like the Corona Trello: https://trello.com/b/dgI8vjDb/corona...-map-cinema-4d.

Comment

I've purchased in Dec additionally one DR Licence.
            As I cannot use it, is there at least a way to freeze the licence?

Comment

You revealed Vray5 Update 1 for 3dMax, Vray5 for Revit and the new Cosmo.
              Congratulations, but when can we expect the missing features and fixed bugs for cinema 4D.

It is by far not the same software like for max, maya….. but the same price…
              We are 2 months after official release… still not production ready… to many unsupported or not working things

Comment

I really dont understand whats wrong here at V-Ray for C4D when it comes to communication.

First of all: I know that its hard to develop and deliver a program. We all (I think) appreciate the effort and the fact that after long and annoying years Vray is finally catching up to Maya/Max.

But what bothers me the most is the obvious fact, that chaosgroup does not care about the C4D-Vray Community. Iam also a Redshift-User. Do you know what happened when I found a bug and reported it? It was fixed 1 Week later and there was a new build for download.
                Also do you know what happened when I had problems with my scene and posted it in the forum? 2 hours later a developer/admin used my scene, posted an 20 minutes explanation-video how to fix my scene.

THAT is customerfriendly and THAT is professionalism. That is REAL support. Then the state with the presentation of V-Ray 5. We still got no recording.

In view of a businessman: Is this a good and understandable businessbehaviour? Is this what we still get here in the Future? Then the higher price and the bugs?

What the h*** is wrong with Chaosgroup and customerrelationship. Maybe the C4D-Vray Community is to small to care about?

I feel disappointed. I feel like being punished and pressured to pay a not understandable new pricetag. I feel like nobody care what we customer want.

Iam just sad.

Comment

I think this is a bit unfair
                  I've reported a lot of issue since the alpha version and trust me when I say that most of them have been fixed (many very quickly), I've also got great communication with developers and support in general.
                  A couple weeks ago I've opened a ticket for a complex license issue for example, I get an answer within a few hours and solve the problem rather quickly.
                  I agree with you that Vray5 is not perfect and still lacks some features compared to other version, but all of them will come and I totally understand why they have decided to release the product even if not 100% production ready (this have been explained many time).
                  I'm still using 3.7 for some stuff but V5 is becoming more complete with every build (usually released once a week with many bug fixes) and probably at this rate I'll abandon 3.7 in a very short time.
                  About the price, I think that they could have extended the discount price a bit longer, but since Vray5 for Cinema is going to be aligned to other version soon, they would have aligned the price in a few months regardless.
                  I know that is pricier compared to the old version, but to be honest this is because the old version was extremely cheap compared to anything else, I mean.. in about 10 years I've payed about 700€ for the first release and about 300€ for the 3.x upgrade (including 10 render nodes), the development of a complex software managed by a large team take time and resources and can not sustain itself for that cheap.
                  No software is perfect and Vray made no exception, but in general I prefer to enjoy what works and eventually find workarounds for what doesn't work rather that concentrate myself on the few things missing, when I find an issue I try to report that to developers providing detailed information, knowing that they will listen and fix it, at least this is my personal experience so far
                  Last edited by sirio76; 04-03-2021, 08:04 AM.
                  3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
                  NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
                  www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
                  @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Hi Sirio,
                    you know I respect you, because you are very skilled and very helpful to others here…
                    And maybe you are right on a few points, but in general I disagree this time…

Just because they deleted all posts of the last 2,5 years, it doesn’t say I didn’t took place.
                    First it was release in a few months, then in spring, then in summer, then spring again… and so on
                    After 2 years, yes it will be Vray5 … If I knew before, maybe I switched…
                    When I see Vray5 now I believe the hard work. But this is not how you handle your customers…

Ok this is the past - let's look to today

They still even can't answer simple questions to plan your projects.
                    Not even an approx time frame for things..

Only these bot answers… I think it is always a hotkey answer..

When you purchase Vray5, there is no hint that there are missing features and a lot of bugs.
                    Only the promise “A whole new rendering experience — and beyond” okay in a way they are right… but not in a positive one

We are planning our projects around the knowing bugs and missing features… and during the project there are new bugs.. This cost time and money for each of us…
                    To reject a whole project to 3-7 is horror… I mean we are beta testers and are paying to be beta testers… and paying the same money like max or maya users… think about it…

I wish I could treat my customers like they do… I believe my life would be much more relaxed…

This is only my view on this... and I could mention endless here what's wrong...

I think they are dancing on too many weddings at the same time...
                    Last edited by haniel1107; 04-03-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

As said I don't think that Vray5 is perfect and even about the price I think they could have been more generous
                      I was only responding to PdZ since in my experience developers are actively listening and fixing the problems, and support is IMO very good.
                      It is not a matter of agree or disagree with me, everyone of us do different things and may have different needs so it is normal that experience may vary
                      3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
                      NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
                      www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
                      @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sirio76 View Post
                        It is not a matter of agree or disagree with me, everyone of us do different things and may have different needs so it is normal that experience may vary
                        Of course!!! And I don't want to fight for a few Euros... simply a question of principle... but a reset of the Annual purchase clock could be a good start...

And a few answers or something like a Trello roadmap as already mentioned here would calm things down a bit ... and a release of a bug list, would save time...(the known bugs)
                        Last edited by haniel1107; 04-03-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

This is not how to handle customers. Iam really pi**ed. haniel1107 speaks the truth. We are Betatesters. To be honest iam happy to help. Happy to fix. Happy to investigate bugs. By the way I found the problem why V-Ray 3.7 is loading scenes so slowly. I tested it myself. I copied the SAME material 24 times and saved and opened the scene. It has NO OBJECTS in the scene and just 2 textures in 3 channels of an V-Ray Advanced Material. But when the Material has just ONE "V-Ray Tex Layered Max"-Shader, the scene loads almost forever. I will post that afterwards. But

Haniel is right. They increase the price. V-Ray 5 is simply not rdy. The builds are coming slowly. What is going on? Is just one programmer working 1 hour a day 1 Week on that bugs? That is so not understandable slow and weird. Even just a stupid nerd without codingskills analyzes a bug for just 30 minutes and found out what explains the horrendous loading times in Vray (as beforementioned).

What the h***. That is so obvious that something is wrong here. I do understand if there are for ex. 20 bugs posted on a average week in the forum but fixed is maybe 7 bugs in 3 months. But it has to be 400€ price tag.

Thats a big lol for me. Sorry but thats laughable.
                          Last edited by PdZ; 05-03-2021, 03:48 AM.

Comment

V-Ray 5 is not ready for me to use in production. But it will at some point.
                            I'm ok with paying the license to use V-Ray 3.7 for my old scenes for product visualisation.

For animations I now use Arnold, which has all needed features and runs stable.
                            I wish I can stick to one render engine soon when V-Ray has all the features implemented. There is a lot missing right now.

Comment

OhGott you will pay 60€ more for v-Ray 3.7 without any reason.

Comment

Why paying at all for 3-7?

Comment

Working...
                                X