No announcement yet.

Vray 5 will be more expensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I earn my living with it and have been constantly reassuring me since November 2018 that something new is coming soon.
    CG just wasn't honest about that.
    Then finally there is an official release that is not usable for my applications.
    Honesty, I would pay double that to have a competitive Vray version. I can't do simple automotive outdoor scenes with Motion Blur, Multi Instances, Forester etc. ...

Wrong - I could, but with 3.7 ... great solution

If you like to stay with Cinema and Vray, you are since years not really competitive... or you don't have the same benefits like others...
    Last edited by haniel1107; 05-03-2021, 02:39 AM.

Comment

I think that's enough said ... CG doesn't care anyway ... I don't mean Shaio or Deyan ...
      Last edited by haniel1107; 05-03-2021, 07:19 AM.

Comment

PdZ, I do perfectly understand your frustration, I've done this job for over two decades and I know how you feel when something do not work like it should.
        It's not that I do not see the problems, it's only that I do not find them as dramatic as you, but this depends on my personal experience and my experience may or may not coincide with yours, and that's perfectly fine... for example haniel1107 have founded a bug with the motion blur, that will stop him to work and force him back on 3.7, I do motion blur in post so for me it just doesn't matter, as you see different users have different needs and what can be unusable for someone can be totally usable for somebody else. The fact that I'm still using 3.7 for complex interiors says all about my experience with V5, its fine for some project, not quite ready for other
        About the price as I said I understand that, but I think is more a question of principles like haniel1107 says (I respect that too) because if a software doesn't work for you then there's no price low enough to justify the purchase, since it's a subscription software it will be wise from CG to extend the year subrscription by 2/3 months.
        Last edited by sirio76; 24-03-2021, 07:56 AM.
        3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
        www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
        @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

sirio76 I deleted it

​​​​​​@Chaosgroup: pls respond...

Comment

.....edit.....
            Last edited by sirio76; 24-03-2021, 07:56 AM.
            NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/

Comment

I simply gave up focusing on V-Ray for now and will probably use it again, when it's ready.

Comment

Guys. Pls dont listen to sirio. He gets OBVIOUSLY paid or gets free V-Ray licences.
                sirio76 is not paid by anyone or was given free licenses. Sirio I'm sorry things had to go that way. Please accept my apologies about this.

As for the other concerns about bugs not being fixed in time and that the devs are working only one hour a day and as a member of the dev team I'd like to say that we're working non-stop and trying to find a balance between implementing new features and fixing issues. Fixing bugs isn't the only work we do and every single user is expecting new features (or existing ones from 3.7 to be implemented) on our next major release and those features won't come with bug fixing only. We already have a lot of feature requests here on the forums and unfortunately the development doesn't happen with the flip of a finger. This is one of the main reasons why there is no roadmap as well since pretty much everyone will expect everything there to be strictly timed and be fulfilled and having our priorities changing so dynamically will make the roadmap obsolete very quickly.

As for the beta state of the product - I wouldn't want to argue about this because everyone has a different workflow and point of view. For some people it will be usable for some it won't because of their specific workflow and in such cases as soon as we find something that doesn't have a workaround it is being added for fixing with very high priority to fill the gaps in the specific workflow.

In the beginning of December last year we've decided that we will be releasing a new official version at least once in two months (when possible it could be even earlier), so whenever a new feature is introduced or a bug fixed it will be available for use on the next update for all users that are not using the stable builds.

Last edited by shaio; 05-03-2021, 05:08 AM.
                Ivan Shaykov
                chaos.com

Comment

And you think it is ok to charge the same as for max / maya... or call it official release?
                  Last edited by haniel1107; 05-03-2021, 05:26 AM.

Comment

bugs and missing features are not linked to different workflows...

even my mother could tell you...
                    Last edited by haniel1107; 05-03-2021, 07:24 AM.

Comment

shaio at least there are FINALLY infos. That you decided to release new versions every 2 months or so.

@haniel Iam as as frustrated as you are but i fell in the trap and kinda insulted here and thats not bringing anything good to the table. Lets leave out all hate and lets try to find a way everyone is happy. Lets focus on the next Vrayrelease.

I do understand that a roadmap is kind sounding strict but that what you wrote shaio, releasing vray every 2 months is kinda a.roadmap to me and at least FINALLY some kind kind of info. Thx.

Iam sorry that iam that extreme and impulsive. Except the part that sirio is paid (I really dont believe that anymore) everything what i said is my opinion and I just want to have a great V-Ray experience.

Iam looking forward to V-Ray 5 and hope (but currently not believe) it will be bugless and good.
                      ​​​​​​
                      the pricetag is still heavy though.

Btw. Shaio you dont have to apologize. I had to and did it. Sorry again sirio. Its not about you here
                      Last edited by PdZ; 05-03-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

No problem PdZ, I've send you a PM

Comment

There was never any talk of hatred .. Those are just arguments and complaints ...
                          From my perspective wrong from the beginning how to deal with customers.
                          That CG that does not admit this, is also clear ...

It is business with the wrong information strategy,
                          wrong pricing and clearly with priorities ... and that's not C4D ...
                          that's all ... no hate and nothing personal. ..

Wrong to charge us the full price... not yet
                          As I said, resetting the annual purchasing clock could be a good sign

Comment

The cruel and somehow funny thing is, that I had both the Modo Vray and the C4 Vray licenses, costing double at that time, Then do to the bugs still in chaos groups Vray bulid for C4D I dropped it and was looking forward for Vray V5 in Modo or even Blender. The Chaos did stop without saying anything work on both, So I got stuck with Vray 4 in Modo and that along a really huge spend of money yearly on Chaos Cloud along my clients who do so too.. Now Chaos never answered if or why, I thought, maybe I should go back to C4D that has a permanent license again, revoke it for a lot money and start Vray 5.0 again… only to see, that its still half done and buggy. Whats up with Chaos? They almost act as Autodesk commanded them to bring down other software.

Comment

Dear Robert,

I apologize for the delayed reply and I regret to hear that you feel this way.

Could you please be more specific about the bugs and the missing features inside V-Ray 5 for Cinema4D that you are referring to so we can address them? Having your feedback would allow us to see if we can prioritize those issues and improve the product.

Thank you.
                              Aleksandar Kasabov
                              chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X