Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray C4D (CPU/GPU) - issue with anisotropy behavior

Hi everyone,

I have some kind of issue with anisotropy under vray for C4D.

The original project has been done with 3dsmax, but I need to convert it for C4D (client workflow).
    And I get problems with anistropy (I have to admit I sucks under C4D)

I just can't get the same result (same lighting, scene lights exported to HDRi map from 3dsmax with a simple panoramic rendering)

As you can see, with 3dmax, anisotropy direction is pretty "radial",

With C4D, whatever the anisotropy settings, I'm not able to get "straight lines", at best those "circular" ones.

I tried everything, I think
    normal vs X, Y, Z
    modifying rotations
    with a gradient, with a map (16 bits, 32bits, .png, .exr, etc.)

Does anyone have any idea?

Regards,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by S3xyKwala; 28-06-2022, 03:38 AM.

There is no difference between Max and C4D in this regard, if you use the same setup you’ll get the same results. You can get the radial effect without issues once you choose the correct anisotropy axis, probably your light setup is causing the problem since you have backed a single hdr, you can see clearly that the reflection on the case is different so you can not expect to get the same highlights. Try to reproduce exactly the same lighting and you should get pretty much 1:1 the same image. I tell you this from personal experience.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Thank you Sirio,

You're right, it s not 100% the same results on metal (doesn't have to, I m only there for modeling and shading), but maybe it's the only reason.

I'll try a simple ligthing in 3dsmax, easier to reproduce.
      Or, maybe there is a way to export vray lights from 3dsmax to c4d ?

Last edited by S3xyKwala; 28-06-2022, 05:41 AM.

Comment

You may try to export a Vray scene file and load it in Cinema but if your lighting setup is relatively simple the fastest way is to rebuild it from scratch in C4D, select the same lights type, use the same value for intensity, dimension, temperature, coordinates etc.
        NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/

Comment

No,

Same material
          Same lighting (two light, same orientations, positions, etc.)
          Same map, same settings, norm, local X Y Z, etc.

always that curvy spiral effect

edit: I notice a thing. Even the preview shader sphere is kind of messy (?!)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by S3xyKwala; 28-06-2022, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I'm not so sure, but I think I've got something, strange to understand.

- Create a new empty scene
            - Import the .obj (from 3dsmax)
            - Import the material and the two lights
            - Render the default camera, no anisotropy, at all
            - Import the camera, anistropy OK (linear, no curvy effect)
            - Back to the default C4D camera, anisotropy OK too ! (but flipped horizontaly)

So, I guess there is something with the camera, but I don't know what exactly

I keep pushing my investigations
            Last edited by S3xyKwala; 28-06-2022, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I literally didn't change anything... just reimported in a new scene.

straight radial lines, same map, same lighting as the first images, but not the same direction as under 3dsmax

verticaly flipped the map, didn't make the trick
              Last edited by S3xyKwala; 28-06-2022, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S3xyKwala View Post
                No,

Same material
                Same lighting (two light, same orientations, positions, etc.)
                Same map, same settings, norm, local X Y Z, etc.

always that curvy spiral effect

edit: I notice a thing. Even the preview shader sphere is kind of messy (?!)
                There’s definitely something wrong there, if you can share the file I’ll check it out and see where the problem is.

Comment

Hi sirio76,

Thank you for your time.

Here it is,
                  https://we.tl/t-ANPiwUPgpp

Comment

Is this looking like what you were trying achieve (I moved the lights in the second one)? I changed the mapping on the texture tag to "Flat" and made sure it was aligned correctly:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.29.31 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	1152606Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.30.55 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	1152607
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.36.00 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	278.1 KB ID:	1152608

Edit: I also right clicked on the texture tag and chose "Fit to object"
                    Last edited by GMTJay; 29-06-2022, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Thank you sirio, but I'm not looking to achieve a specific look. The 3dsmax scene is just an example, because it's in it I'm use too work (modeling, shading in this case)

My client work under C4D, I need to give him a working scene (object, shaders), for him to work the lighting/rendering.

So, what I need is a correct anisotropy, working "straight" wherever the lights are placed in the scene.
                      Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe the rendering is "correct", but I never had to deal with that curvy effect, on a flat surface. (and the two light rendering comparison seems to show that something is going wrong).

I'll try with Flat Projection, but this object has been unwrapped correctly, so I should'nt have to deal with that I think.

Once again, thank you for your time.
                      Regards,

Comment

Working...
                      X