The Use Default Lights option has no effect on the scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Use Default Lights option has no effect on the scene

Whether this option is turned on or off, it will not have any effect on the scene
    Attached Files

Hello 123456_

Thank you very much for your time and efforts to provide the necessary information to replicate the issue on our side. It is classified as a bug (VC4D-1940) and escalated to the Development team for further inspection and resolution.

I will reach out to you once more information is available.

Comment

Hello 123456_,

Please note that with the release of the latest update of V-Ray for Cinema4D the bug with the "Use Default Lights" option has been fixed. You can find more information about the update here. Thanks!​
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
        Hello 123456_,

Please note that with the release of the latest update of V-Ray for Cinema4D the bug with the "Use Default Lights" option has been fixed. You can find more information about the update here. Thanks!​
        I looked at version 6.2 and it seems that the options are locked and cannot be clicked, and there is no lighting generated

Comment

Hello 123456_,

This option will be active if you disable the GI. You can then enable or disable the default light. Please give it a try and let me know if you have further queries. Thanks.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Hello 123456_,

This option will be active if you disable the GI. You can then enable or disable the default light. Please give it a try and let me know if you have further queries. Thanks.
            Thank you for your guidance. I have successfully used this feature, but why do I need to turn off Gi to use it?

Comment

The reason for this is that V-Ray doesn't have default lights when the GI is enabled. The default light only gets activated once the GI is disabled. I hope this makes sense.
              Aleksandar Kasabov
              chaos.com

Comment

The reason for this is that V-Ray doesn't have default lights when the GI is enabled. The default light only gets activated once the GI is disabled. I hope this makes sense.
                Can you modify this feature to enable default lighting only when there are no lights in the scene, instead of checking if Gi is enabled? Because Vray defaults to enabling Gi, it means that this feature is not enabled by default

Comment

Hello 123456_,

Please note that this feature is intended to work like that as there are no default lights in the scene when the GI is enabled.
                  Aleksandar Kasabov
                  chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                  X