Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new things and ideas

Hello C4D VRAY team
    today we just saw the release of a corona candidate 8 for C4D and it brings some new cool features (i guess)
    - will we have also a chaos scatter?
    - will we have chaos decals? (any release date?)

about some issues i'm facing with the new VRAY5 and hope soon having a good solution:

- if we use proxy objects and then instance them manually (instance or render instance) the preparation time to render is a lot (depending the number of instances) .... if we use proxy objects with multi instances is almost instantly start... we can use only multi instances if we use cloner or other scatter plugin but with that we can not control the place we want to use the instance... on 3.7 the proxy objects used as render instances (inserted manually), and if we render, it starts almost immediately...

- the material previews are super super slow (at least on my side) but if we use the node system the previews are much more fast, so maybe could be a good idea to add the same preview (node system) to the regular preview?

- it will be nice if we could save the render elements (save preset and load preset) rather than adding manually every time we need to add the render elements

- the 3.7 converter could be better or more efficient:
    - the normal map of the 3.7 could be automatically added to a VrayNormalMap shader
    - the 3.7 dirt shader could be translated to pass the 3.7 "white shader" image field to a difuse texture slot of the vray5... right now if you convert a object with dirt shader on the diffuse channel(3.7) it will delete on the diffuse texture slot (5.xx) and all goes white
    - the 3.7 falloff shader could be translated to pass the 3.7 "color1" image field to a difuse texture slot of the vray5... right now if you convert a object with falloff shader on the diffuse channel(3.7) it will delete on the diffuse texture slot (5.xx) and all goes white

- the TilePro plugin could be more compatible at least on the editor and in the end Bake the texture to use on final render

- the SurfaceSpread plugin is not working really well with proxies and multi instance using Vray5 and guess this could be discuss with the Laubwerk team to find a solution

guys this are things that i find that could be interesting to add to future releases and would be awsome if you (C4D VRAY team could share also your thoughts about this)
    thanks and all the best
    nuno

Hello nunomatos ,

Thank you for your extensive feedback. I will try to address the topics below.

- will we have also a chaos scatter?
    I am afraid that we cannot share any information on this matter for now. I will let you know if we have any updates.

- will we have chaos decals? (any release date?)
    Implementing V-Ray Decal is on our to-do list and will be added in the future. This has already been discussed here. You can expect it soon, but I am afraid that I cannot provide any specific timeframe. I will let you know once we have any updates.

- if we use proxy objects and then instance them manually (instance or render instance) the preparation time to render is a lot (depending the number of instances) .... if we use proxy objects with multi instances is almost instantly start... we can use only multi instances if we use cloner or other scatter plugin but with that we can not control the place we want to use the instance... on 3.7 the proxy objects used as render instances (inserted manually), and if we render, it starts almost immediately...
    Could you please share an example scene where the issue is reproducible? Also, please share more information about your setup (V-Ray and C4D versions, OS).

- the material previews are super super slow (at least on my side) but if we use the node system the previews are much more fast, so maybe could be a good idea to add the same preview (node system) to the regular preview?
    We are aware that some customers experience issues with slow material previews. Our developers are looking into this and hopefully we will be able to find what is causing this issue. Adding the material preview from the node system won’t be technically possible.

- it will be nice if we could save the render elements (save preset and load preset) rather than adding manually every time we need to add the render elements
    We already have such a request and it was added to our internal system (request ID: VC4D-1262). I will let you know once we have more information.

- the 3.7 converter could be better or more efficient:
    - the normal map of the 3.7 could be automatically added to a VrayNormalMap shader
    - the 3.7 dirt shader could be translated to pass the 3.7 "white shader" image field to a difuse texture slot of the vray5... right now if you convert a object with dirt shader on the diffuse channel(3.7) it will delete on the diffuse texture slot (5.xx) and all goes white
    - the 3.7 falloff shader could be translated to pass the 3.7 "color1" image field to a difuse texture slot of the vray5... right now if you convert a object with falloff shader on the diffuse channel(3.7) it will delete on the diffuse texture slot (5.xx) and all goes white
    Thank you for this feedback. I have forwarded those requests to our developers (VC4D-1301). We are trying to improve the converter and this feedback is very helpful. I will let you know once we have more information.

- the TilePro plugin could be more compatible at least on the editor and in the end Bake the texture to use on final render
    Could you please elaborate some more on this? What compatibility are you referring to?

Thank you.
    Last edited by aleksandar.kasabov; 18-03-2022, 04:53 AM.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hi aleksandar.kasabov
      for some reason i forgot to answer to your reply. Sorry for that
      first thanks for your reply and clarifications
      regarding the instances and multi instances, i've prepared a scene where we've add a multiinstance set of objects and other where the same objects via manually instance... you can see that the preparation scene for manually instances takes more or less 20sec to start the lightcache and the multi instance takes 3/4 seconds to start lightcache
      the objects are the same proxies from the cosmos assets
      hope you can see the diference on your side
      thanks

my system is:
      -windows 10 pro
      - 128GB RAM
      - RTX3090
      - AMD 3990X

https://www.dropbox.com/t/qNTOfMwahQz32PcL -scene

Comment

Hello nunomatos,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

In this post, Deyan explains why the instances and render instances are slower than the multi instances. Please have a look and let me know if you have more questions. Thank you.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X