Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Fixed)(Fixed)(Fixed)[HOU-2781][HOU-2904][HOU-3637] OSL Textures and Shader Differences with Maya and Houdini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! It's finally working as expected now.

Comment

Hi! I'm currently trying to do the exact same thing with the updated OSL file.

( From the github linked above : https://github.com/julsVFX/osl/tree/main/jiWindowBox )​

I am using Houdini 19.5.403 in PY37 with the latest Vray 6 update. The issue here is that I can't even plug in the color map since it asks for a 4float input. Why is that? Did I do something wrong? I searched on the internet for solutions but couldn't find anything...

Any Ideas?

( Here's the related image below )
      Attached Files
      Last edited by alexandre_plagne; 30-01-2023, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Hey alexandre_plagne ,

It appears the generated input is of type "vector4" instead of "color" causing an issue with the piping. I've logged it under HOU-3637 for the developers to take a look - I hope it would be simple to resolve.
        I'll ping you as soon as we have a solution.

Best regards!
        gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Alright, thanks you so much for your time !

Comment

Hey alexandre_plagne ,

Tomorrow's nightly build for V-Ray 6 will have a fix for the input socket.

​​​​​​​Hope that helps!
            gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Great !
              Thank you so much for such a short feedback !

Comment

Hi ! I'm trying to do the exact same thing again. The socket issues is fixed but the OSL shader appear to not work as expected
                I'm using Houdini Fx 19.5.493 Vray 6.10.09

Comment

Hi freeman_lo , did you delete the uv name in UV tab of ImageFile VOP ? Because the OSL shader is taking care of the mapping, this parameter should be empty. Deleting it seems to work on my end.
                  Georgy Chakarov | QA
                  www.chaosgroup.com
                  georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi@chakarov ,yes I did,i tried in maya it works,can't figure out where goes wrong

Comment

Strange, this is my test file. Is it working on your side?
                      Attached Files
                      Georgy Chakarov | QA
                      www.chaosgroup.com
                      georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by chakarov View Post
                        Strange, this is my test file. Is it working on your side?
                        Thanks for the reply and help, this is really strange, it did work, but when I create my own OSL node it doesn't work, when I copy your hip's OSL node to my hip it work. I could see there's some difference between your OSL node and mine, here's my hip file
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X