Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah I see, thank you for the update.

Comment

The mtlx triplanar projections doesn't seem to work either. Can someone confirm? Docs say it's supported.

Comment

Another thing from my testings with the mtlx standard surface:

SSS is working, but no matter what settings I dial in, it seems that the subsurface scale parameter is not working as expected. I always end up with the same overall look, it just gets brighter or darker.

I used H20.0.625 and one of the latest nightlies of vray 6.2 on Win11

Comment

A bit OT: bdancer Is the MaterialX support in V-Ray for Maya 6.2 identical to what V-Ray for Houdini supports? Means that procedural textures and triplanar projections are also in Maya not supported yet? Is there a webpage where the limitations are listed?

TIA
          Lars

Comment

I believe Maya and Houdini support the same nodes from the MaterialX nodes library as far as my test goes. So Maya also does not support Procedural noises, tri-planar, and whatever else is not supported by Vray at this moment.

Comment

Thanks. We just start to test MaterialX for a bigger asset. I will report if we hit other issues.

Comment

> So Maya also does not support Procedural noises, tri-planar, and whatever else is not supported by Vray at this moment.

tri-planar is supported, could you please send me a hip file that doesn't work for you?
                V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
                andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
                Support Request

Comment

Unless I'm missing something as you can see this is not working.
                  Houdini and Maya

Attached Files

Comment

> Unless I'm missing something as you can see this is not working.

Tnx, I'll check and fix this asap.
                    Support Request

Comment

Hey andrei,

could you please also take a look at three other things:

- materialx subsurface scattering seems completely off
                      - debugging with the visualize node (pressing x) is working in vray material builder but not in materialx network.
                      - preview shading in viewport is just grey, no matter what color, bump or roughness applied.

really looking forward to get materialx in my workflows.
                      great work so far overall!
                      Last edited by doppelgaengerdigital; 28-03-2024, 11:54 PM.

Comment

> materialx subsurface scattering seems completely off

Will check.

> debugging with the visualize node (pressing x) is working in vray material builder but not in materialx network.

For V-Ray material builder it works because we are in control of exporting V-Ray shader networks.
                        For MaterialX Solaris itself is handling this, I'll check with SideFX how it's supposed to be working for third-party renderers.

> preview shading in viewport is just grey, no matter what color, bump or roughness applied.

You mean MaterialX network or V-Ray networks with MaterialX?
                        We have no control over viewport representation of MaterialX networks.
                        As for V-Ray network - it's preferred not to mix MaterialX and V-Ray nodes (even if it's technically possible to some extent).

> Is the MaterialX support in V-Ray for Maya 6.2 identical to what V-Ray for Houdini supports?

seq, Yes.
                        Last edited by bdancer; 29-03-2024, 12:21 AM.
                        Support Request

Comment

Thanks, Andrei.

Comment

Working...
                          X