No announcement yet.

VRayMultiSubText to randomize leaves color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was from some other object, but it was just to multiply the ramp 0-1 values to make a bigger adjustment to hue, i forget why i used 100, there must have been a good reason
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Originally posted by francomanko View Post
      it was from some other object, but it was just to multiply the ramp 0-1 values to make a bigger adjustment to hue, i forget why i used 100, there must have been a good reason
      ah...I see. Gotta be for a good reason. I'll try your setup to randomize the hue. cheers!

always curious...

Comment

francomanko just want to let you know your setup works like a charm in my current scene. I figured the multiple by 100 is so that each control point in the v-ramp can be set up to range between 0.01 to 3.60 because the hue shift is basically from 1 to 359.
        Thanks again!
        always curious...

Comment

yeah that was it Glad it works for ya..now we just need to get Chaos to get all these things supported on cuda

Comment

SamplerInfo node still not working correctly on GPU..m
            My Artstation
            Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
            Sun Tsu

Comment

really..man how long will it take

Comment

As long as correct layered texture display in Maya viewport?
                My Artstation
                Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
                Sun Tsu

Comment

Originally posted by francomanko View Post
                  so i got it working using the ramp method, but guess what....yet again it doesnt work with Cuda. Seriously getting very despondent about the way GPU rendering is going with vray.
                  Click image for larger version Name:	hue.jpg Views:	1 Size:	795.6 KB ID:	1015063

sorry forgot to say, this was in vraynext.
                  Hi Jason

Great idea.

I'm struggling to get the random colours this side.
                  Which connections are you using from the SamplerInfo to the Ramp?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X