Mesh Light with visibility on off object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh Light with visibility on off object

Does mesh light work when object have visibility on and off? Is fine in render view but not work in batch render. Thx

Is it animated? I have had problems with keyframed lights in Vray.

Comment

Yes it is animated on and off

Comment

hey try you to animate the multiplier or the enable from light and not the visibility from transform properties
        Carlos Alvarez Velazquez

Tutorials about VRay for Maya:
        https://youtube.com/CarlosAlvarezVelazquez

Comment

Originally posted by lewis chan View Post
          Yes it is animated on and off
          Yeah, I had this problem and couldn't find a solution. However, I found that it would render fine in whatever state the light was saved in, so had to break up my renders into "on" and "off" sequences. Bit of a problem if your light is supposed to be flickering on and off a lot of course. And FYI this was not limited to mesh lights -- I had the same problem with a bunch of rect lights.

Comment

Or you can try to link the visibility with enabled from light no?
            Carlos Alvarez Velazquez

Comment

just create thousand object have visibility on and off randomly using mash and convert to the poly object. Then correct to single mesh light. So it only have one light in the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by lewis chan View Post
                just create thousand object have visibility on and off randomly using mash and convert to the poly object. Then correct to single mesh light. So it only have one light in the scene.
                Yes can try to link the visibility with enabled from light
                Carlos Alvarez Velazquez

Comment

not work. Because it have thousand object with difference visibility key frame

Comment

Originally posted by SonyBoy View Post

Yeah, I had this problem and couldn't find a solution. However, I found that it would render fine in whatever state the light was saved in, so had to break up my renders into "on" and "off" sequences. Bit of a problem if your light is supposed to be flickering on and off a lot of course. And FYI this was not limited to mesh lights -- I had the same problem with a bunch of rect lights.
                    Yes, flickering effect

Comment

Working...
                    X