Ocean shader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Timdog
    Any news on your work on this shader? would be great for me to try it!

Cheers

Martin

Comment

Hi Timdog,
      Same as Gardeler , can we give it a try ?
      Thanks,
      Alex.

Comment

This is an old thread I know but i'm trying to use the watertex as vector displacement and so far I can't get it to do anything. We really need tutorials on this kind of thing. Do vector displacements work in v-ray for Maya?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DisplaceVray.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	847658

Comment

Is there any luck to have this shader working for 3dsmax ?
          This looks great!

Thanks

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

The next version of Phoenix FD includes a much better version of this.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by timdog View Post
              Any Tessendorf experts or creative individuals that have any idea what these can be used for?
              Well....I guess this is really late, but I implemented a version on Octave to generate maps for a REYES renderer.
              So basically, when your vectors pushes into different direction with big choppy value, that's where you get invert and where you can generate a map automatically to be used as particle emitter control map.
              There is an article about this on gamasutra, so check that one is very helpful. I haven't dig HOT code, so I don't know what Eplus/Eminus is about.

Originally posted by timdog View Post
              Saw some blender guys digging in on the Iwave solver to get reflecting waves.
              Can this be combined with HOT/tessendorf??
              Basically waves pass through each other and are additive, so if you have another simulation that does reflecting waves(say from a boat), you can always add those 2 together as long as their base level are the same.
              Do note that Tessendorf ocean synthesize open water, so for stuff near shoreline it would probably look fake.

Comment

well - I was searching the forums on the net for the last couple of days looking for a workflow to render something similar to maya's / mr's ocean.
                I also read all the threads here but finally I still have no idea how it's done.

Does anyone know Timo Narhi (http://vimeo.com/4912847?!
                Looks like a great progress in implementing hot into maya / vray!!!

hope for some advice here - please ^^

Comment

Hello mayanic

Unfortunately the video is deleted and we are not able to view it.
                  Maya's Ocean Shader could be simulated with VrayWatterTex assigned as a displacement - there are a few examples posted in this thread.
                  The other properties like Refraction / Reflection and etc could be simulated via VrayMtl-Shader.
                  Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                  Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                    The next version of Phoenix FD includes a much better version of this.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    Hey Vlado,

Is there any news about this?
                    I think the new version is out, but I can't find any info on a ocean shader on the Phoenix feature list.

I guess, my question is :
                    We are on max, and we need to do quite a lot of water shaders (ie : ocean, water edge, beach, warf, etc)

What would be our best solution to create all those waters?

Thanks

Stan
                    3LP Team

Comment

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
                      Hey Vlado,

Is there any news about this?
                      I think the new version is out, but I can't find any info on a ocean shader on the Phoenix feature list.
                      I believe it's this - http://www.spot3d.com/phoenix21/ocean.htm

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
                        Hello mayanic

Unfortunately the video is deleted and we are not able to view it.
                        Maya's Ocean Shader could be simulated with VrayWatterTex assigned as a displacement - there are a few examples posted in this thread.
                        The other properties like Refraction / Reflection and etc could be simulated via VrayMtl-Shader.
                        oh - strange
                        think i wanted to share this: http://vimeo.com/user2091537/videos/all

the hot thingy for vray . .. but no updates so far

Comment

You can already get a nice looking ocean with hot, the only problem is no displacement output so no viable way to handle tiling.
                          Dmitry Vinnik
                          Silhouette Images Inc.
                          ShowReel:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                          https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

just started to play around with hot - and i already get nice motion . ..

but i have to test phoenix as well. with hot one has to find a way to emit foam. interaction with splashes would be the other issue. what do you guys think.
                            loved the maya ocean, back in the old mr days hehe

Comment

Working...
                            X