Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado,

Any updates on a stable 2.4 for Maya?

Thanks.

Comment

It's being worked on at full speed, is all I can say.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Thanks for the reply Vlado.

When 2.4 is ready, will there be an official announcement? I just want to make sure I get it as soon as it's up.

Comment

Originally posted by dariofx View Post
            Thanks for the reply Vlado. When 2.4 is ready, will there be an official announcement?
            Yep.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Hello,

The 2.4 builds were removed from the download section on our web site because we found out that they needed more refinement. The release of 2.4 was moved back in time so we could synchronize features between versions, fix more bugs, etc.
              Today we have released 2.3 version for all platforms.
              Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.
              Technical Support
              Chaos Group

Comment

thanks for the info...
                will this new 2.3 also work with the Maya 2014 Extension coming on monday..?

Comment

Linux and Mac but no Windows???????
                  Maya, Modo, Houdini, Harmony
                  2018 MBP, 32Gb, 2.9Ghz i9, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4Gb

Comment

MAC builds were made available shortly after Windows and Linux builds. Please check again, you should be able to see them.

Originally posted by FSGFX View Post
                    thanks for the info...
                    will this new 2.3 also work with the Maya 2014 Extension coming on monday..?
                    We will have to check with our developers team about that.
                    Technical Support
                    Chaos Group

Comment

Just checked. This is what I see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_vray.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	849922

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot. Makes it easier for us to help.
                        The builds that have Snow Leopard in their name are the builds for MAC. Snow Leopard is one OS version's name for MAC.
                        Technical Support
                        Chaos Group

Comment

I don't understand your reply. My original question was where are the builds for Windows? Your reply was Mac builds will follow Windows and Linux? I see Mac builds, I see Linux builds.... I don't see Windows builds.

I assume we have a series of misunderstandings here and you meant to say that Windows will follow Mac and Linux releases, which you have obviously posted. No worries but I do have a different question. I had installed your 2.4 release. Will the 2.3 release properly install over the 2.4 or should I uninstall the 2.4 before trying to install the 2.3?

Comment

Originally posted by rimcrazy View Post
                            I don't understand your reply. My original question was where are the builds for Windows? Your reply was Mac builds will follow Windows and Linux? I see Mac builds, I see Linux builds.... I don't see Windows builds.
                            It is a glitch in the website mirroring stuff. It would be best to email us to vraymaya@chaosgroup.com and if needed our support guys can get you the builds in other ways, although I expect that the website will be fine very shortly too.

I had installed your 2.4 release. Will the 2.3 release properly install over the 2.4 or should I uninstall the 2.4 before trying to install the 2.3?
                            The V-Ray installer will remove any previous version automatically so there is no need to uninstall anything manually (although of course you can do that you wish).

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            Last edited by vlado; 12-09-2013, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosGroup View Post

We will have to check with our developers team about that.
                              if its working with 2014 Extension will it support xGen.?

Comment

Originally posted by rimcrazy View Post

I assume we have a series of misunderstandings here and you meant to say that Windows will follow Mac and Linux releases, which you have obviously posted. No worries but I do have a different question. I had installed your 2.4 release. Will the 2.3 release properly install over the 2.4 or should I uninstall the 2.4 before trying to install the 2.3?
                                Apologies, I didn't read your question correctly and thought you wanted MAC builds.
                                Just checked with our IT team and confirmed that all mirrors will have all the files in a couple of hours. US mirror is already synced.

Regarding Maya 2014 Extension: Probably V-Ray will be compatible but to make sure we will have to do more tests.
                                Last edited by ChaosGroup; 12-09-2013, 07:59 AM.
                                Technical Support
                                Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                                X