No announcement yet.

v-ray for maya 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what render manager are you using, but keep in mind that Maya 2016 requires more folders to be added to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.
    It has something to do bifrost and other modules, probably xgen, too.
    If you diff the maya2015 and maya2016 scripts you'll see the difference I'm talking about.

I think, I saw similar crashes, when I tried to launch maya.bin directly, without the wrapper script and without adding these paths to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
    V-Ray developer

Comment

Okay. I'm not the only one with this problem: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-g...ux/m-p/5607694

Solution:
      Code:
      export MAYA_DISABLE_CIP=1
      Now everything works fine and we can render V-Ray build 25823 without issues.
      Best Regards,
      Fredrik

Comment

I don't know what render manager are you using, but keep in mind that Maya 2016 requires more folders to be added to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.
        Yes, I believe I got that sorted during the early beta phase of Maya 2016... so I think I should be all set there.

If you diff the maya2015 and maya2016 scripts you'll see the difference I'm talking about.
        Do you mean just diff'ing the folders in Maya's scripts dir, or how do you do that? I've always wanted a solid method to figure out what to put in that environment variable.

We use Pixar's Tractor by the way. But I don't think that matters as I set up the environment manually.
        Best Regards,
        Fredrik

Comment

I'm diffing /usr/autodesk/maya2014-x64/bin/maya2014 and /usr/autodesk/maya2016/bin/maya2016.
          I don't have 2015 installed, so probably the change has happened there. But I've skipped it.
          V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
          X