No announcement yet.

OSL goodness in Vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does not seem to work for me. Im using window 10 and 3ds max 2015. Actually I try to increase the bump amount and it make the shader look more like a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejjd View Post
      Hi guys,
      I would like to ask for some help regarding the Fabric OSL.
      I am trying to make a very soft fabric but it has a strange mirror reflection.
      I get strange artifacts on my test scene.
      Note that the version of the shader on my page has a lot of improvements over the original version on the Chaos page. Most significantly it fixes an error with the reflections. This may be what you are experiencing.

Comment

Thank you those artifacts are gone. Your OSL work is incredible thank you.

Comment

Thank you those artifacts are gone. Your OSL work is incredible thank you.

Thanks

Comment

are there any metalness workflow shaders made with OSL? sorry if it is irrelevant question i just dont know how it works or what exacly itS doing.

Comment

Originally posted by alperenozgur View Post
              are there any metalness workflow shaders made with OSL? sorry if it is irrelevant question i just dont know how it works or what exacly itS doing.
              I have one here you can try, along with an explanation of the theory.

Comment

Is that metal beds for a substance painter to Vray workflow ? - if yes, then there are Vray export presets in SP

Comment

Is that metal beds for a substance painter to Vray workflow ? - if yes, then there are Vray export presets in SP
                  yea i know but still the real PBR metal/rough shader would be good

Comment

Originally posted by sharktacos View Post
                    I have one here you can try, along with an explanation of the theory.
                    thank you so much

Comment

• I'm trying be a material/shading artist and its hard to keep up with everything. I'm sticking with V-Ray. OSL has opened the doors to so many great things. I'm very happy for all this amazing free shit. Its really pushing V-Ray forward.

Is there a single place we can share materials/shaders that Chaos group really like and approve of and distribute?....A community shader repository or would that not be good?

Comment

• Vlado & Chaos team,

Any chance we could get an OSL version of the VraySkinMtl? It's possible to create in OSL by layering the vray_subsurface closure, but quite slow. Having a dedicated OSL closure for it would be very useful

Comment

• Yes, we can do this...

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
                            Yes, we can do this...

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Fantastic! To be clear, it would only need to have the layered sss (shallow, medium, deep). No need for the reflection stuff.
                            Last edited by sharktacos; 18-08-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharktacos View Post
                              Fantastic! To be clear, it would only need to have the layered sss (shallow, medium, deep). No need for the reflection stuff.
                              Yes, I thought so

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• It would also be to great to have an OSL version of the SSS part of the ALsurface shader you implemented... once you are done tweaking it of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X