Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Stochastic tiling node does not work with displacement

Hi,
    I can't get displacement map to work with stochastic tiling node, I wonder if it's a bug or something which was too difficult to implement for now?

kindest regards,
    Karol
    My Artstation
    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
    Sun Tsu

As you can see both texture nodes are connected to the same UVWRandomizer node with StochasticTiling ON.
    My Artstation
    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
    Sun Tsu

Comment

It works well in NormalDisplacement mode, although it breakes once set to 2D Displacement.
      My Artstation
      Sun Tsu

Comment

Hello,

I also had this Problems for a while. I just figured out that if you switch to Mode -> "By Object ID" and also give the different Objects an Object ID it works pretty well. I guess also "By Render ID". Displacement was always set to Normal Displacement because I render 90% with GPU.

But like you figured out it works not like expected when you switch to 2D Displacement and CPU. I don't know why. But I don't have that much Experience with CPU Rendering Question is also why don't you render this Displacement it with Normal Displacement? Slower?

Cheers
        Tobias

Comment

I just saw that it also works with 2D Displacement. My Camera Angel was Top Bottom so I didn't really saw it that good, haha

Comment

Refer to this post by vlado for an answer.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tobiasroesli View Post
              Hello,

Question is also why don't you render this Displacement it with Normal Displacement? Slower?
              Hi Tobias, I find 2D displacement to have better quality
              Here are the docs: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...cement+Control

regards,
              Karol
              My Artstation
              Sun Tsu

Comment

Working...
              X