Vray Toon not the same in IPR vs bucket render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Toon not the same in IPR vs bucket render

I would assume i could develop my look in IPR and render on our renderfarm with the bucket renderer and get the same visual results, yet this is not what is happening. Is this not a reasonable assumption ? Or is there something special going on with the toon shader that does not work in IPR ? I'm on V-Ray 5 for Maya, update 1.1. Any help would be great, can't attach images as it's an NDA project.

Vray toon is not supported yet on GPU.
    https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

I'm not using the GPU, i'm using the CPU IPR.

Comment

You are referring to the VRayToonMtl, correct? Does the difference between Production and IPR appear when rendered locally? How are you lighting the scene? Could you reproduce it on a simple scene? Also, screencaps of the differences would be helpful.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I am referring to VRayToonMtl and yes, the difference appears locally. Here is a small crop of my character with the issue shown. The darker more contrast version is bucket rendered, the lighter one is IPR.
          Attached Files

Comment

I managed to reproduce the differences using Area lights (i.e. VRayLights and Maya native Area light; where there's some form of gradient between the Diffuse Ramp colors). I've logged it for developer investigation (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-10983). I don't think there is a direct workaround to the issue; you may need to readjust your lighting/VRayToonMtl so as to render a satisfactory Production rendering result.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for logging it. Hoping to see a fix for this soon. I guess the bug tracking list is not public ?
              Last edited by cgdom; 06-01-2022, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X