Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Object Properties with Matte Surface generating different render element between vrscene and maya geo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object Properties with Matte Surface generating different render element between vrscene and maya geo

Hey there,
    I was using VRayObjectProperties to create Matte surface for my render layers, and I noticed that GI and Lighting pass are not black on my matte surface.
    I quickly create a simple scene, and realize that this only happen when using vrayscene as matte surface. If my matte surface is a Maya Geo, it's all black in all render elements.
    I am using Maya 2023 and VRay v6.00.03, is there something I need to check to make matte surface not showing in GI pass while using vrscene?

This a simple scene I created with a cube and a ground plane. The ground plane is in VRayProperties set with Matte Surface on
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_render_element_with_matte_surface_00.png
Views:	52
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1188954 Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_render_element_with_matte_surface1.png
Views:	60
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1188955

you can see on the left , a Maya geo plane, it's all black in GI pass,
    But on the right, it produces GI on matte surface using vrscene( I tried loading both vrscene and usd file).

Name:	vray_render_element_with_matte_surface0a.png
Views:	56
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1188956

same thing happened to Lighing pass

Name:	vray_render_element_with_matte_surface0.png
Views:	50
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	1188957

Here is my simple test file vray_objectPropertyTest_matteSurface.zip

Attached Files

This issue seems to be fixed in the latest official build. Update and try again.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks!
      We are in the middle of a production, so I can't just update now. But I will definitely give it a try after.

Best,
      Han Ho

Comment

Working...
      X