No announcement yet.

Shave 6.0.70 and Vray 2.21 +VRayMtlHair3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use it f.e. to drive a Ramp connected to the translucency color of the Hair3 material. Or you can use it to drive opacity along the hairs. Or you can use it to get the original Shave hair color and use that into the hair3 material.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      You can use it f.e. to drive a Ramp connected to the translucency color of the Hair3 material. Or you can use it to drive opacity along the hairs. Or you can use it to get the original Shave hair color and use that into the hair3 material.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Thanks for those examples. I'm primarily interested in the ability to use UV maps on the hair's color. Has that been implemented with Shave?

Comment

I'm testing 7.15 right now... this is supposed to include proper hair3 support

Comment

Here are some samples for rendering Shave hair with the V-Ray hair shader (Maya 2012):
          http://www.spot3d.com/vray/scenes/shave_uvs_sample.zip

In the hairsampler.ma file, I just use the VRayHairSampler node to take the Shave color and transparency and plug them into the V-Ray hair material. This approach only allows three colors of the hair material to be controlled though (the VRayHairSampler node can only read the color, transparency and incandescence attributes of the hair).

The ramp_uvw.ma sample uses the Shave colors as UV coordinates to drive other textures. This approach allows you to map more properties of the hair material, and also to use V-Ray procedural textures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	render_ramp_uvw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	846687Click image for larger version

Name:	render_hairsampler.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	846688

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X