User Data ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlado View Post
    Can you post your scene here? Works for me...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    It is working on Maya 2010 Linux64, May 29 2011, but not in Maya 2011.
    Strange.
    I will retest.
    www.deex.info

Comment

Ok, it is working with Maya 2011. It was just bad environments (Maya 2011 loaded plugins from Maya 2010 -_-).
      Do you think a "VRayUserString" will exist ? (to set a different texture path for example). Currently we connect a VRayUserScalar in the "Image number" of a fileTexture.
      A "VRayUserString" will be great, with can conenct after for example "VRayUserString.output" to "file1.fileTextureName".
      Last edited by bigbossfr; 07-06-2011, 02:29 AM.
      www.deex.info

Comment

I've made a note to implement this, but it is not yet done.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Has this progressed any further? It would be a really nice feature with many possible uses.

Comment

When connecting a VRayUserColor to the diffuse of a VRayMtl it immediately crashes my Maya 2012 SP1. It's the same for all the latest nightlies and the latest stable, all on OS X.

/Max

Comment

Thanks for the pointer; I can reproduce this and we'll look into it.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

In case it helps, it works all right here in Maya2012 SAP, VRay nightly 2.15.01 build 17175 (22/10/2011), Windows Seven 64bit.

Comment

Yep, Windows is fine, just the Mac OS X builds have issues. I won't be surprised if its again a bug in the gcc compiler for Mac OS X.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
                    Currently we connect a VRayUserScalar in the "Image number" of a fileTexture.
                    A "VRayUserString" will be great, with can conenct after for example "VRayUserString.output" to "file1.fileTextureName".
                    Hi bigbossfr,

Could you give me more advice to connect a VRayUserScalar in the "Image nunmber" of a fileTexture?

I've just connected that like this - " VRayUserScalar.outAlpha-->file.frameExtension " but it didn't work.
                    And I've tried using expression as " file.frameExtension=VRayUserScalar.outAlpha " but there was no luck for me too.
                    Did I miss something for that? I can use condition node to use multiple textures. But your way is much easier for that.

Thank you for all your kindness.

Best Regards,
                    Sangho Jung.

Comment

Originally posted by sersia View Post
                      Hi bigbossfr,

Could you give me more advice to connect a VRayUserScalar in the "Image nunmber" of a fileTexture?

I've just connected that like this - " VRayUserScalar.outAlpha-->file.frameExtension " but it didn't work.
                      And I've tried using expression as " file.frameExtension=VRayUserScalar.outAlpha " but there was no luck for me too.
                      Did I miss something for that? I can use condition node to use multiple textures. But your way is much easier for that.

Thank you for all your kindness.

Best Regards,
                      Sangho Jung.
                      Hi,
                      The best solution to switch between textures is to use "condition node".
                      I explain here : http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ight=condition
                      www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
                        Hi,
                        The best solution to switch between textures is to use "condition node".
                        I explain here : http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ight=condition
                        Thank you for your advice. That is what I am doing now.
                        I really appreciate it for your help...

Comment

Is it possible to use the VRayUserScalar for the image number or the image offset? I can't get it working? I want to offset image sequences with the VRayUserScalar for particle Instances, so I can use one shader for different instances with different loops.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpes View Post
                            Is it possible to use the VRayUserScalar for the image number or the image offset? I can't get it working? I want to offset image sequences with the VRayUserScalar for particle Instances, so I can use one shader for different instances with different loops.
                            I'm not sure it will work like that; in general you can specify user attributes directly in the file name for a File node, enclosed in <> brackets.

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Working...
                            X