Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray For MODO Released

Today, we have released V-Ray for MODO.

You can buy it from The Foundry website - https://www.thefoundry.co.uk/product...-ray-for-modo/
    or from one of our resellers - http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/purchase.html?pID=17

There is a promotional price until July 20th, which is 20% off the normal price.

Link to the product page with pricing information (promotional price not reflected at the moment, this should be fixed) : http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/v-ray-modo.html

Beta testers should have received an e-mail with an offer for a free Universal Render Node 3.0 license with a purchase of a V-Ray for MODO workstation license.

The changes since the last beta release (which was version 3.01.02) can be seen here : https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAYMODO/3.40.01

We have an updated front-end for the online license server, which can be downloaded from here (version is 4.1.0) : http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/downl...license-server

The documentation for the online license server has been updated here : https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...line+Licensing

Note that the beta licenses expire on July 14th, if anyone has troubles getting their new license before then, please contact us on the forum for a short extension to the Beta license.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Congrats on the final release guys. That was a long beta cycle!
    Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
    I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

I just installed the new online license server and there are problems with the following shortcuts in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Chaos Group\V-Ray Online License Server

- Stop V-Ray Online License Server

Running this pops up an error:
      VRLService - Service is not installed

- Start V-Ray Online License Server

Running this doesnt seem start a stopped service

The service installed and runs fine. I can render using VRay nightly with no problem.
      Last edited by 1funk; 06-07-2016, 12:27 PM.
      Win10 Pro 64 / AMD Ryzen 9 5950X / 128GB / RTX 3090 + 1080 Ti / MODO
      I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - Jesus Christ

Comment

Congratulations!!

We´ll buy it too! I´m exited to finally use it in production! Really glad how you guys took your time polishing this and listened to our feedback!

Comment

Didn't geht the mail with the offer for the beta-testers. Have to solve the problem with the non working VAT taxless payment in TheFoundry's Website first
          Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
          Radetzkystrasse 102 a
          A-6845 Hohenems
          Austria

Comment

Also didn't get an email with the offer for the beta-testers.

Comment

Congrats!
              Too bad I have not been a great help as a beta tester... too much non CGI work, not enough time...
              You did a great work. Thanks a ot!

Comment

Congratulations for the release! You completed a great tool!

One question: 500 Euro is a price after or befor 20% discount?
                makebelievegraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by kubbek View Post
                  Congratulations for the release! You completed a great tool!

One question: 500 Euro is a price after or befor 20% discount?
                  Before

@ Vladimir : I don't have access to last version of the license server on the download section, is it normal ? ( just the 4.0.0-beta_94 ). Also don't have a regular 3.40.01 version, just the "demo" version. Should I contact the support ?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dentzz View Post
                    Also didn't get an email with the offer for the beta-testers.
                    If you are registered for the beta, you actually get two e-mails one after the other.
                    Is it possible you missed one of them ? They look very similar and can be easily confused to be the same thing.

The e-mail for beta testers ends with:
                    """As a special thank you for testing out V-Ray for MODO, get an extra render node with purchase of a full seat of V-Ray for MODO. This offer is available until the end of the year and only to beta testers of V-Ray for MODO."""

Greetings,
                    Vladimir Nedev
                    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I don't have access to last version of the license server on the download section, is it normal ?
                      I will ask around, but it is most likely restricted to users which have a V-Ray license bought on their account.

Also don't have a regular 3.40.01 version, just the "demo" version. Should I contact the support ?
                      After you make the purchase, there is some time needed to process the order.
                      I am guessing you get an e-mail when the processing is complete and the download should be available then.
                      If it's not, yes, you will have to contact support.

Greetings,
                      Vladimir Nedev
                      Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 07-07-2016, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1funk View Post
                        I just installed the new online license server and there are problems with the following shortcuts in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Chaos Group\V-Ray Online License Server

- Stop V-Ray Online License Server

Running this pops up an error:
                        VRLService - Service is not installed

- Start V-Ray Online License Server

Running this doesnt seem start a stopped service

The service installed and runs fine. I can render using VRay nightly with no problem.
                        Both shortcuts don't give any indication that they have succeeded.
                        The "start" one will give a "could not start service" error if you try to start an already started service.
                        So, this can be confusing.

Otherwise they seem to be working fine for me on Windows 7.
                        Can you try activating the shortcuts as an administrator ?

Greetings,
                        Vladimir Nedev

Comment

I just checked every mail-account i have, and was searching in every spam-folder. There's no message from ChaosGroup. Also not about the release of V-Ray for MODO. I got the newsletter from TheFoundry with the information that it's released but nothing from your side. Sorry
                          Volker Troy

www.pixelwerk.at

+43 (0) 664 / 3 820 810
                          Radetzkystrasse 102 a
                          A-6845 Hohenems
                          Austria

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
                            If you are registered for the beta, you actually get two e-mails one after the other.
                            I only received the one email...what was the second?
                            I did get the one about the render node for beta testers.

Comment

From my side I also would like to congratulate and thanks you guys....everybody involved.
                              It was a great experience, lots of bugs sorted but what I really liked was that you listened and really helped tweak vray to be user friendly and easy to use in modo. It is truly a great integration and really stable. Thanks for the beta discount/ render node too!

I truly hope your sales will make it all worth it

Comment

Working...
                              X