Still no word on Modo 15/ vray update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry.vasquez View Post

If it was profitable, they would continue with it. It's obviously not profitable. This isn't difficult. That's why I'm more disappointed in Modo development or community, that would not help make it a worth while venture.
    I think you are probably on your own in blaming the Modo community for not helping make it worthwhile.

Comment

Also, the plugin integration was written by one guy. Somehow I doubt he is earning a salary high enough to break the Chaos bank even if it was not profitable. The number of Modo Vray users must surely be high enough to pay his salary at least. Also I cannot fathom that the amount of work to bring Next into Modo 15+ would be so utterly substantial that they had to drop support altogether. That is crazy. There was a substantial amount of work done on the Modo plugin, which they have abandoned. They just never made the effort to upkeep their product or to keep us in the loop, despite constant begging and pleading from the community. This decision has cost me, and that is not something I am going to forgive.

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Hume View Post
        Also, the plugin integration was written by one guy. Somehow I doubt he is earning a salary high enough to break the Chaos bank even if it was not profitable. The number of Modo Vray users must surely be high enough to pay his salary at least. Also I cannot fathom that the amount of work to bring Next into Modo 15+ would be so utterly substantial that they had to drop support altogether. That is crazy. There was a substantial amount of work done on the Modo plugin, which they have abandoned. They just never made the effort to upkeep their product or to keep us in the loop, despite constant begging and pleading from the community. This decision has cost me, and that is not something I am going to forgive.
        So they spent time, resources, and man hours to develop their flag ship render engine for Modo...AND it's totally profitable for them. But for some inexplicable reason, they're like "We now hate making money from Modo users. Let's discontinue it and keep it in the dark for some time to really make them mad."

Comment

Hi there, I have issue for installing Vray Sketchup 2021 for my MacBook Pro m1. I had tried to uninstall several times, but still this message appears: The installer is missing the installer binary and has none specified on the command line.
          Someone could help me? Im new in this !

Comment

Hello alex_manso,

Please open a support ticket via our contact form and our colleagues from the Tech support team will be able to assist you with this issue.

Thank you.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Hi aleksandar.kasabov, I had written 3 message to support but got not answer yet. Still thank you for your advice! hope to find a solution soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
                One step at a time We need to see if we can support Modo 15 first.
                Hi, Phillip Miller

V-Ray for Modo discontinuation is very disappointing.

I have two questions.

1) Will V-Ray 4 for Modo end without supporting MODO15?

2) Nightly has "V-Ray 3.0 for Modo nightly" but not V-Ray 4. How can I display "V-Ray 4.0 for Modo nightly"?

Questions can also be answered by other chaos support people.

(I used Google Translate. There may be some mistakes in the text.)

Comment

Originally posted by shingohiga View Post

2) Nightly has "V-Ray 3.0 for Modo nightly" but not V-Ray 4. How can I display "V-Ray 4.0 for Modo nightly"?
                  1) It's dead

2) Contact Chaos support through the website form: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us

Submit a request and pick through the options. There will be an option called "nightlies". Then just write a request to have access to nightlies for V-ray for Modo 4.

Support is usually really fast, but now it might take a little longer because of the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by neverko View Post

1) It's dead

2) Contact Chaos support through the website form: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us

Submit a request and pick through the options. There will be an option called "nightlies". Then just write a request to have access to nightlies for V-ray for Modo 4.

Support is usually really fast, but now it might take a little longer because of the holidays.

Thank you neverko.

If possible, I wanted to get an answer from the chaos staff.

It's very sad considering that V-Ray NEXT still had the potential to support MODO 15 at least a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by shingohiga View Post

Thank you neverko.

If possible, I wanted to get an answer from the chaos staff.

It's very sad considering that V-Ray NEXT still had the potential to support MODO 15 at least a few days ago.
                      unfortunately I think that statement about Modo 15 support was never true. First they posted it was all dead, then withdrew that and pretended there was still hope, then finally admitted it was dead. They are either liars or idiots. Or both.

Comment

Hello shingohiga,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

As per the decision, announced recently about the V-Ray for Modo discontinuation, there won’t be any further product development and there are no plans to provide support for Modo 15. We will continue to provide technical support for another 12 months until December 31, 2022.

If you don’t have access to the nightly builds for V-Ray Next for Modo, please open a support ticket via our contact form and our colleagues will be able to assist you.

Thank you.
                        Aleksandar Kasabov
                        chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
                          Hello shingohiga,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

As per the decision, announced recently about the V-Ray for Modo discontinuation, there won’t be any further product development and there are no plans to provide support for Modo 15. We will continue to provide technical support for another 12 months until December 31, 2022.

If you don’t have access to the nightly builds for V-Ray Next for Modo, please open a support ticket via our contact form and our colleagues will be able to assist you.

Thank you.
                          Thanks for the answer Aleksandar Kasabov.

I have one more question,
                          Can MODO use Chaos Cloud after 2023?
                          Or will it be unavailable within 2022?

Comment

Hello shingohiga,

We are currently having an internal discussion on this matter. I will get back to you with more information as soon as we have a decision. Thanks.
                            Aleksandar Kasabov
                            chaos.com

Comment

Hello shingohiga,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Please note that we won’t stop accepting V-Modo jobs in Chaos Cloud. These jobs will just need to comply with the Chaos Cloud’s policy of supporting V-Ray versions. You can find more information about the versions of V-Ray for each platform, which are supported on the Chaos Cloud here.

I hope this is of help.
                              Aleksandar Kasabov
                              chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
                                Hello shingohiga,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Please note that we won’t stop accepting V-Modo jobs in Chaos Cloud. These jobs will just need to comply with the Chaos Cloud’s policy of supporting V-Ray versions. You can find more information about the versions of V-Ray for each platform, which are supported on the Chaos Cloud here.

I hope this is of help.
                                Hello Aleksandar Kasabov.

I understand the support content.
                                I was relieved that the chaos cloud was very important to me.

thank you for teaching me.

Comment

Working...
                                X