Grass and Fur Settings not saved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass and Fur Settings not saved

I am on V-Ray Revit 2019 version 4.00.05. I will enable fur/grass for my grass material and it will render it fine. I will close out of project and Revit, and then open project and Revit and fur/grass settings are reset. Is there a setting I am missing?

I can confirm that this is a bug. A temporary workaround until we fix it would be to export the fur settings to an .xml file, so that you can easily import them later on.
    Ana Lyubenova
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Revit
    www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi cmathew ,

This issue is fixed with the new Grass/Fur workflow introduced in Update 1. You can download the update here.

Best,
      Ana
      Ana Lyubenova
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Revit
      www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Ana Lyubenova This same issue seems to appear in Vray 6 for Revit. Vray forgets the fur setting even without closing the project. In vray 5 this was working fine and now the same project is updated to vray 6 and the fur is not working anymore. I have to apply the fur setting again and again.

Comment

Dear timo_jyrinki​, hello.

Just tested this with our latest official build - works as expected, no issues.

Could you please share the following:
          • exact Revit version
          • exact V-Ray version - screenshot from Help > About
          • have you tried it in a blank new project with an object with assigned Fur
          • is it a BIM 360 project or a local one
          • is the Fur in a linked file or not
          Waiting for your answer.

Best regards,
          TS
          Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
          3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hi,

I created a new project and it seems to be working fine. The old project however loses the fur assignment and I have to reset it again and again. There are no links in this project and it is not a BIM360 project.

I'm thinking possibly completely resetting all vray data and starting over. Maybe that would help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray version1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1206951
            Revit version:
            20231029_1515(x64)
            2024.2.0​

Comment

Is it correct that even if you fix your Fur assignments and save your Revit project file, the next time you open it, the Fur assignments are lost? Do you observe this behavior with any other type of V-Ray asset assignments?
              Ana Lyubenova
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Revit
              www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi, Yes and also it is lost without even closing revit project. Possibly scatter does this too, but haven't done separate tests for it.

Comment

Hi, I think I located the problem. The fur settings disappear when synchronizing with the central model. It is a workshared model. I was able to replicate the problem with a new blank workshared model too. If the model is not workshared the problem does not occur.

Comment

Working...
                  X