V-ray Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray Log

I had some Issue with the GPU render because I was out of memory. ( I was in a ruch so I made the render with the CPU). But for further Rendering I want to improve my scene. As suggest on the chaos docs I look the V-ray log (V-Ray GPU reports how much memory is used for Textures/Geometry/Light Cache/etc in the V-Ray log) But I am not an IT engineer. I do some researche on the internet but I found nothing helpful. So here some question I have

Where are the usefull information on the V-ray log? ( I have more than 30000 line in the file so I wont read it all

is there a way to find out which object or texture is too big?

at the end it report peak memory for Bitmap, Bucket etc.

Which peak memory is for what? For example does represent the Peak Memory for bitmap the size of all the texture?

is there a way to find out how big the peak memory can be depending on the graphic card I am using?

Thanks

Hi Anne009,

When you have issues rendering, best would be to look for any warnings or error messages printed in the V-Ray Progress Window - they are even colored differently so you can spot them easier and they would generally point you to what the issue might be.

Peak memory is the total amount of memory consumption the render process has used since it has started and in this case it is separated into a list with different category types - be it textures, geometry, etc., but will not show information for specific component, for example. This general information makes it possible to assess how much memory we need for the different parts of our scene, and can give insights into areas where you might want to optimize your setup.

Another way to track information about your project is in the V-Ray 5 Frame Buffer Stats panel. The exact contents of the Stats changes depending on the scene, the rendering mode (interactive vs production, bucket vs progressive) and others, but will again give you a good overview on the memory consumption and point you to any areas that might need optimizations.

You might also find useful our articles on Memory Usage optimizations with CPU and GPU Rendering:

Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X