Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sketchup crashing with V-Ray 6.1 when rendering

Dear all,
    I just figured out a problem with my scenes: Since I installed the update of V-Ray, my heavy scenes produced crashes of Sketchup when I tried to render the scene. No error message, just a complete crahs of Sketchup while compiling the scene geometry. Before the update, it all worked well. By trial and error, I figured out that that was caused by some ChaosCosmos decals I used. When deleting the decals, all worked well. This message is just ment for other users who don't wont to sepnd hours of trial and error to figure out which element caused the crash. I use Sketchup 2021 (!) and Vray 6.1

Best,
    Marcus

Cross referencing your issues with my post on 6.1 issues, as scenes are taking sooooooo long to pre-process etc I have often stopped the render for lack of time. Every single time I do stop a render, when I close SU I get a bugsplat where none occurred on the last version of 6. Seems to have knackered up any jobs created on 6. Haven't had a chance to make a new one from scratch on 6.1 yet. Costing me lots of time and time is money, knew we'd see more issues once they got into bed with Enscape and force integration of that.

Comment

Hey Both,

After hours and hours of trial and error since updating to 6.1 I realised that it was decals that were not just throwing an error but completely bug splatting my renders.

Couple projects that 6.1 broke worked fine before and rendered pretty quick. Not only has 6.1 slowed down the pre-processing time considerably but anything with decals in heavy scenes just straight up crashes.

Have either of you found a fix? I dont want to downgrade my models to V 6 as it could cause loads of issues with textures n such.

Appreciate any help!
      Tom

Comment

Hello tom_cb,
        Welcome to Chaos Forums.

The issue with Decals was discussed in more detail in this forum thread here, please take a look.
        Could you please try the suggested workaround described in this post (to globally disable Displacement) and let us know if it worked for you as well.

Thank you in advance.
        Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Having just looked at the change logs for the 2 updates since this version I see NO mention of decals so can I assume this is still not fixed?

Comment

Hello jason_cafferty,
            It was fixed in the 6.10.01 build, I have shared the news in this forum thread. We have tested all scenes we had and the issue is no longer reproducible.
            Natalia Gruzdova | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X