material problem in beta 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: material problem in beta 4

I'm having the same problem. I'll asign a bitmap in the diffuse slot and render. the first path comes out fine and the way i expected it to. However if i go to render it again the UVW mapping channel swithes to channel 2. This is happening no matter what i do. What's the deal?

Comment

Behind the scenes I do some stuff to deal with 2-sided materials. So 2*i is the front-side uvw and 2*i+1 is the back-side uvw. I should be only changing that on copies of stuff - but apparently I'm affecting the original as well somewhere along the line. Its very irritating - I know. I thought I fixed it but apparently I haven't
      Best regards,
      Joe Bacigalupa
      Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

No worries, that's why it's still a beta. I think all in all this is turning out to be a great plug in for those that want a relatively easy modeling program with the quality renderings that VRay can offer. I'm excited about the possibilities. my only other complaint is the speed of the rendering but I'm sure that'll get optimized before full release.

Comment

The speed of the rendering is all in the settings, primarily. I'm not sure of the complexity of your scene, but if you think the rendering time is taking longer than it should maybe I could take a look at it for you.
          Best regards,
          Joe Bacigalupa
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

thanks for the offer, i think it's the time it takes to translate the sketchup model. the more complex the model and materials, the longer it takes. I guess it's not something you can really control on your end.

Comment

Working...
            X